• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 3 (Ryzen 4000) already in the works

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

More transistors in the same space.

Yep!

This decade is going to be so good for computing, we are going to be taking huge strides in terms of performance and whats possible to do simply because of how much more powerful CPU's are getting.

Soldato
Yeah, i agree with this and @Troezar AMD need to bring thier improved cores out as soon as they are ready, its about mindshare and denying Intel sales, sitting on thier cores waiting to see what Intel do is not the way to go, in that they are back to reacting to Intel. Even if its better they will have lost a big chunk of the initiative.

Yes the danger is if Intel are close or even have the promise of beating AMD a lot of consumers will buy Intel. AMD need to stay ahead for a few years before the average consumer starts to recognise them as a quality brand.

Always remember Intel have many ways to "compete" ;)

Soldato
I wonder if the prices will begin to increase with AMD on the next release. They are so desperate to be premium, and to be honest, they have stamped a damn good mark on it lately. I wouldn't be surprised.

If I do a full new system I am doing my best to hold out for this. I pray the uplift in ipc is not rumor.

What are clock speeds on the euv process meant to be like?

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

I wonder if the prices will begin to increase with AMD on the next release. They are so desperate to be premium, and to be honest, they have stamped a damn good mark on it lately. I wouldn't be surprised.

If I do a full new system I am doing my best to hold out for this. I pray the uplift in ipc is not rumor.

I think its too soon to be hiking prices for being premium.

I think wait a couple of years until they have taken reigns of the market in all sectors and dominate it, and then they can afford to raise prices.

Soldato

Clock speeds aren't going up much by all accounts. Boost clocks may get 100MHz more, if at all, base clocks are likely to get a few hundred MHz bump. It's the IPC increase that's going to deliver the goods.

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

I would expect the clock speeds to go up by about 100-200mhz max, maybe 300mhz on some of the lower end chips but I seriously doubt it'll be much higher than that.

Its the IPC increase thats looking like it'll be big though, approx ~17% means it'll be a beast. Roughly put, a zen2 chip running at 4.4ghz will perform the same as a zen3 chip running at 3.5ghz :D:D (if my maths is correct)

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
I would expect the clock speeds to go up by about 100-200mhz max, maybe 300mhz on some of the lower end chips but I seriously doubt it'll be much higher than that.

Its the IPC increase thats looking like it'll be big though, approx ~17% means it'll be a beast. Roughly put, a zen2 chip running at 4.4ghz will perform the same as a zen3 chip running at 3.5ghz :D:D (if my maths is correct)
Clock speeds aren't going up much by all accounts. Boost clocks may get 100MHz more, if at all, base clocks are likely to get a few hundred MHz bump. It's the IPC increase that's going to deliver the goods.

I'll take IPC over clock speed :D

Permabanned
Ryzen-4000-Lineup.png

Let's see how close I am to the reality.
Let's hope that AMD increases the core count in the corresponding performance tiers.
It would be great to see 8-cores now as Ryzen 5.

But what I do really pray to see is a 15-inch notebook with 4K screen and 15-watt Zen 3 APU coupled with discrete graphics card Navi 22 of some type.
That would be the perfect gaming gear for me.

Associate
Let's hope that AMD increases the core count in the corresponding performance tiers.

But what I do really pray to see is a 15-inch notebook with 4K screen and 15-watt Zen 3 APU coupled with discrete graphics card Navi 22 of some type.
I can't see anything changing, i have a feeling the core counts and release prices will be the same as the 3000 series.

Permabanned
Yeah, if AMD is happy with 19% market share, they are free to charge 500-600 for the 12-core.
The OEMs and the large corporations that form the vast majority of sales will never take AMD's products seriously.
Because the performance improvement over Intel's counter-parts is not worth it to bother with it.

Permabanned
Lol oem’s won’t be paying what we’re paying and incase your living under a rock, Amd are outselling Intel left right and centre in the desktop market.

Your chart is a nice idea but nothing more than a pipe dream. It would take major competition from Intels next to see prices like that but only if Intel price theirs accordingly.

Soldato
Yeah, if AMD is happy with 19% market share, they are free to charge 500-600 for the 12-core.
The OEMs and the large corporations that form the vast majority of sales will never take AMD's products seriously.
Because the performance improvement over Intel's counter-parts is not worth it to bother with it.

What a load of rubbish on all fronts you've written.

Soldato

:D

It's like Alan Patridge just started a YT tech channel.

Soldato

4k in 15 inch factor, just plain unreadable? I don't see the point.

Back
Top Bottom