• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** AMD "Zen 4" thread (inc AM5/APU discussion) ***

So you didn't include techpower up reviews?
Depends which game you like.
I think the 7600x is good for a £250 CPU.
No I said of the average of 6 reviews, I haven't gone through the Techpower up yet. But they are all at 1080p which is an actual gaming resolution, not a stupid 720p resolution. 6 reviews with about 50 different games averaging 20% with lower side around 13% faster and higher side around 30% faster in numbers is a pretty solid average with Techpower up being the outlier on a completely different resolution and GPU to basically all others.

Edit: clicking on the Techpower up I can see there are 1080p. Interesting they have similar performance for 12600k but the games FPS are so different compared to other reviews? The 3080 might bottleneck more then even at 1080p?

Last edited:
Last edited:
No I said of the average of 6 reviews. But they are all at 1080p which is an actual gaming resolution, not a stupid 720p resolution. 6 reviews with about 50 different games averaging 20% with lower side around 13% faster and higher side around 30% faster in numbers is a pretty solid average with Techpower up being the outlier on a completely different resolution and GPU to basically all others.
Can you post these reviews please?

If you watched it you would see the 5800x3D is the part that means the 7600x isn't always a clear winner. What is missing is the cost difference. And click bait title etc because that is what all of YT is regardless of channel size.

Its childish, i can understand a new channel doing it because they are desperate for views but it makes no difference to Linus, the guy is starting to annoy me in many ways, the way he treats his customers calling them disloyal and disrespectful for not being satisfied with a "Trust me bro" warranty on his products, the way he berates people commenting is his stream feeds for his obvious bias when he speaks about AMD's GPU division of being a joke while in a different video holding up a broken Intel GPU saying "Buy this"

He's a four letter word that i can't use here, its a favourite among Australian's, begins with C, his success has gone to his head.
---------

I just watched the HUB video on the 7600X, good video, good CPU.

Last edited:
Will be £330 in uk.
Yeah which to me is its only problem.
My 12600k was £248 and ran with my DDR4 memory.
The 6 core 7600x should also be a budget CPU but our pound (and AMD) have screwed that up.

Intel had issues with DDR5 prices now AMD is competing in the UK when the pound is at its lowest for years.
The 7600x as there "high end budget" (is that a thing) go to CPU is well over priced (plus DDR5 etc).

They can say anything is by design. I would like to understand their reasoning behind this design choice. For decades we have been told that running silicon at higher temps can potentially shortens its lifespan. When a company then tells you the exact opposite they should be explaining the science behind this reasoning.
For decades, the aftermarket cooler industry have been telling you this. Thermal cycling is what does the damage over time, not prolonged exposure to temperature (within spec).

Yeah which to me is its only problem.
My 12600k was £248 and ran with my DDR4 memory.
The 6 core 7600x should also be a budget CPU but our pound (and AMD) have screwed that up.

Intel had issues with DDR5 prices now AMD is competing in the UK when the pound is at its lowest for years.
The 7600x as there "high end budget" (is that a thing) go to CPU is well over priced (plus DDR5 etc).
But talk is the 13600k will be £350 to compare to what AMD originally suggested £299 for the 7600x so then what?

Its childish, i can understand a new channel doing it because they are desperate for views but it makes no difference to Linus, the guy is starting to annoy me in many ways, the way he treats his customers calling them disloyal and disrespectful for not being satisfied with a "Trust me bro" warranty on his products, the way he berates people commenting is his stream feeds for his obvious bias when he speaks about AMD's GPU division of being a joke while in a different video holding up a broken Intel GPU saying "Buy this"

He's a four letter word that i can't use here, his success has gone to his head.
---------

I just watched the HUB video on the 7600X, good video, good CPU.
You don't know how YouTube works.
As said Linus himself has explained it. You think he employs someone just to do thumbnails because he likes wasting money?

Honestly I'm now not sure what to do. I was going to jump to the 7950x from my 10900k and do a full build etc. Mainly just gaming and content creation but I don't know any more, I was honestly hoping for a little bit more from the gaming side.

Plenty of people will upgrade to these from older Ryzen 1/2/3 gen stuff.

Albeit as a gamer coming from a 3900X I'd probably hold as much as I can considering the country is on fire.

Well, considering the price of a new platform is not such a clean cut.

I'm on a 2600x and a 5600 would be about $175 upgrade for about 87% of the performance for 7600x.
Going full platform change for $700-$800 or more for that extra ~ 13%? No thanks. That's a GPU upgrade right there! :)

relative-performance-games-1920-1080.png

Last edited:
Honestly I'm now not sure what to do. I was going to jump to the 7950x from my 10900k and do a full build etc. Mainly just gaming and content creation but I don't know any more, I was honestly hoping for a little bit more from the gaming side.

Are you playing at 1080p ?

But talk is the 13600k will be £350 to compare to what AMD originally suggested £299 for the 7600x so then what?
Then they are all over priced which sucks for us the consumer.
If I HAD to buy now I would probably go 7700x, OR at a push the 7600x with the view of swapping out for the 3d cache chip (gamer based). Buying knowing I would be taking a loss later would irritate the **** out of me though!
If I was just buying as normal I would wait for the 3d cache chip version and cheaper motherboards.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom