• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** AMD "Zen 4" thread (inc AM5/APU discussion) ***

With that hyperbole title, i'm not watching that. ####'ing click bait, why does a channel like his need infantile click bait titles?
If you watched it you would see the 5800x3D is the part that means the 7600x isn't always a clear winner. What is missing is the cost difference. And click bait title etc because that is what all of YT is regardless of channel size.

Huh? The 7600x in gaming is showing it 20% faster over the 12600k in gaming at 1080p when paired with a 3090Ti (for average over 12 games) and the CPU the bottleneck and within 1% of the 12900k.

Average = 211fps vs 176fps - 20% better
Lows = 166fps vs 136fps - 22% better

That means the lows on the AMD is almost as good as the average as well at only 5% lower lowers than Intels average.
Uhm, what?

12600k is on top.
Anyways, the 7950x is good for heavy MT users, but needs a lower power limit, it's very inefficient up there according to TPUP. The rest of the lineup doesn't have a reason to exist, they are absolutely pointless

Hmm. Doesn't beat 12900k in gaming, despite being what 10 months newer and being two nodes ahead, very disappointing, waste of sand.

Also, the 30 second BIOS load boot times (even after initial boot/memory training) are a huge turn off, why not delay to get this under control?

13900k looks set to slaughter this.

Hmm AMD will still most likely win for gaming with the 3d cache version of zen4

Huh? The 7600x in gaming is showing it 20% faster over the 12600k in gaming at 1080p when paired with a 3090Ti (for average over 12 games) and the CPU the bottleneck and within 1% of the 12900k.

Average = 211fps vs 176fps - 20% better
Lows = 166fps vs 136fps - 22% better

That means the lows on the AMD is almost as good as the average as well at only 5% lower lowers than Intels average.
Where are you seeing this?

Everything i have seen suggests the 7600x and 12600k trade blows.

relative-performance-games-1280-720.png

Was talking about productivity, where the 7600x is both slower and less efficient, but sure - check gaming as well

Meets my expectations, I wasn't expecting it to beat the 5800X3D in games due to the lack of V-cache. It does pretty well in other areas like rendering/encoding/etc. I'm not liking the power draw on the 7950X but capping the limit to something more sensible still performs strongly. For gamers, waiting for the 3D versions definitely is best.

Meets my expectations, I wasn't expecting it to beat the 5800X3D in games due to the lack of V-cache. It does pretty well in other areas like rendering/encoding/etc. I'm not liking the power draw on the 7950X but capping the limit to something more sensible still performs strongly. For gamers, waiting for the 3D versions definitely is best.
5800x3d gamers are watching this while tea bagging their monitors.

Last edited:
Uhm, what?

12600k is on top.
Anyways, the 7950x is good for heavy MT users, but needs a lower power limit, it's very inefficient up there according to TPUP. The rest of the lineup doesn't have a reason to exist, they are absolutely pointless
So just ignore the gaming benchmarks average. Out of the 6 reviews I have read through the tables the 7600x on average is 20% faster in gaming than the 12600k.

So just ignore the gaming benchmarks average. Out of the 6 reviews I have read through the tables the 7600x on average is 20% faster in gaming than the 12600k.
What? The thing I posted is a gaming benchmark average, what are you talking about?
Anyways, my point was productivity, where the 7600x is both slower and consumes more. Also - it's competition is the upcoming raptor lake.

Only the 7950x is good for heavy MT users, and that requires a power limit, else it's less efficient than the 5950x. The rest of the lineup didn't need to exist, it's absolutely atrocious

Techpowerup has a bunch of reviews up!

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X Review - Impressive 16-core Powerhouse
AMD Ryzen 9 7900X Review - Creator Might, Priced Right
AMD Ryzen 7 7700X Review - The Best Zen 4 for Gaming
AMD Ryzen 5 7600X Review - Affordable Zen 4 for Gaming
The puzzling bit for me is that reviewer says that cooling the zen 4 is a mission and they struggled to get under 95 deg which is where throttling begins... but also mentions that amd state these temps are normal.

I struggle to get my head around how close normal and high temps are in amd's minds.

So, the 7700X is around 5 percent faster than the 5800X3D in gaming on average (720p), not bad.

It looks like there will probably be another 9 percent of performance gained in games for Zen 4 + vcache, if zen 3 vs the 5800X3D is anything to go by.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom