• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** AMD "Zen 4" thread (inc AM5/APU discussion) ***

Caporegime
cause he is a muppet?

I don't think that ^^^ can be emphasised enough, his reasoning for it is because he still thinks he doesn't have enough attention....

Its childish, i can understand a new channel doing it because they are desperate for views but it makes no difference to Linus, the guy is starting to annoy me in many ways, the way he treats his customers calling them disloyal and disrespectful for not being satisfied with a "Trust me bro" warranty on his products, the way he berates people commenting is his stream feeds for his obvious bias when he speaks about AMD's GPU division of being a joke while in a different video holding up a broken Intel GPU saying "Buy this"

He's a four letter word that i can't use here, its a favourite among Australian's, begins with C, his success has gone to his head.
---------

I just watched the HUB video on the 7600X, good video, good CPU.

If you can't make enough money without being another four letter word us Brits quite like, that's a YOU problem.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Well, considering the price of a new platform is not such a clean cut.

I'm on a 2600x and a 5600 would be about $175 upgrade for about 87% of the performance for 7600x.
Going full platform change for $700-$800 or more for that extra ~ 13%? No thanks. That's a GPU upgrade right there! :)

relative-performance-games-1920-1080.png

Edit, NVM.

Last edited:
Soldato
The puzzling bit for me is that reviewer says that cooling the zen 4 is a mission and they struggled to get under 95 deg which is where throttling begins... but also mentions that amd state these temps are normal.

I struggle to get my head around how close normal and high temps are in amd's minds.

Looks like they’ve engineered it to run at 95c. Essentially, pump power and frequency until it reaches that temperature. That’s just how they’ve designed it. Although you can run them in Eco mode.

Man of Honour
Well I was excited about going to AM5, but after seeing the reviews, the performance increases for me coming from a 5950x are so small that it's not worth it. If it was just the CPU, maybe, but a whole new platform and the expense with that, not worth it for a few %

Caporegime
@Calin Banc The thing with TPU CPU reviews is they are all pretty GPU heavy, its been like that for a few years, they seem to think its fashionable now, they ain't wrong but whats fashionable is not necessarily right.

The 7600X is way more than 13% faster than the 2600X, in reality, that slide is accurate to those in the hear and now who run games in such a way where its only ever a GPU bottleneck, outside of whatever he's doing to get a result so tightly clustered you will find that your 2600X is actually quite old and outdated now.

I'm not saying go out and buy a 7600X, or any other CPU, but that slide is a nonsense for the reality of top of the range GPU's, especially for those that are coming, if you think a 7600X is 13% faster than a 2600X then there is the reason reviewers like this are a joke. the reality is the 7600X is about twice as fast.

Last edited:
Soldato
Well I was excited about going to AM5, but after seeing the reviews, the performance increases for me coming from a 5950x are so small that it's not worth it. If it was just the CPU, maybe, but a whole new platform and the expense with that, not worth it for a few %

5950x will be an amazing CPU for years yet. I wouldn’t bother upgrading yet. Maybe once the 3D variants come out, makes more sense IMO. DDR5 will be established then and might see some more competition from a pricing perspective.

Man of Honour
5950x will be an amazing CPU for years yet. I wouldn’t bother upgrading yet. Maybe once the 3D variants come out, makes more sense IMO. DDR5 will be established then and might see some more competition from a pricing perspective.

I have just watched Jayztwocents review, and he seems to be the only one who says they're amazing. Although his review tends to focus more on the non-gaming benchmarks

Soldato
I have just watched Jayztwocents review, and he seems to be the only one who says they're amazing. Although his review tends to focus more on the non-gaming benchmarks

Haven’t checked Jay’s video yet but the thing I always find with him is he gets overexcited and jumps the gun sometimes. I mean obviously the data doesn’t lie, but I think some of these guys lose perspective when they get sent all this shiny stuff for free. I still find him relatively entertaining mind you.

Soldato
Minimum frames on the 7600X are looking good, ahead of the 12700K (and 5800X3D too) anyway:

Average-p.webp

As a gamer, this is what you should care about...

Still waiting on the 7700X review, but should be similar.

Last edited:
Caporegime
@Calin Banc The thing with TPU CPU reviews is they are all pretty GPU heavy, its been like that for a few years, they seem to think its fashionable now, they ain't wrong but whats fashionable is not necessarily right.

The 7600X is way more than 13% faster than the 2600X, in reality, that slide is accurate to those in the hear and now who run games in such a way where its only ever a GPU bottleneck, outside of whatever he's doing to get a result so tightly clustered you will find that your 2600X is actually quite old and outdated now.

I'm not saying go out and buy a 7600X, or any other CPU, but that slide is a nonsense for the reality of top of the range GPU's, especially for those that are coming, if you think a 7600X is 13% faster than a 2600X then there is the reason reviewers like this are a joke. the reality is the 7600X is about twice as fast.

@Calin Banc reality vs Tech Power Up, the Ryzen 3600 is actually quite a good chunk faster than your Ryzen 2600X. the difference between your 2600X and the 7600X, outside of TPU's weird testing, is probably around 80%+

4mvbWa0.png

Last edited:
Soldato
Back
Top Bottom