• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** AMD "Zen 4" thread (inc AM5/APU discussion) ***

Soldato
I'm still confused about whether ddr5 @ 6400 is worth it for Zen 4.

And why arent they overclocking the infinity fabric to 2133mhz with 6000 MT/s RAM?

Caporegime
just looking at 12900k stock runs 260watts

You know, there was a time when tech journalists used to say 150 watts was too much for a CPU, that 200 watts was insane, and anyone who did that got ridiculed for it.

Now few of them even seem to care enough when one of them is clearly just taking the pee and ignore the other who seems to be getting it right, what's more they all jump on the environment bandwagon when that suits them, just not for this...

Last edited:
Associate
Cinebench isn't pointless if you're a 2D / 3D artist, why do you think it exists? Its so people can gauge their performance in Cinema 4D

Low res performance testing has its uses too.

how many people in this thread are a 2d/3d artist. How many 2d/3d artists watch silly youtubers. For most of us cinebench is willy waving or for HWbot.

Soldato
I have an SS with a 12900k puilling 80w at cinebench. Does that mean it's stock? I don't understand what is the point of your picture. If it's over 125 pl 1 / 240 pl 2 it's not stock. Period
it was too show how efficient the 7950x was when matching the 12900k score , no need to get panties in a twist

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom