• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 5 rumours

That confirmed? Thought they were only using tsmc for the igpu tile.

I don't think it really matters, Intel would still have to try and make enough money to keep servicing their own fabs while at the same time paying TSMC for wafers in the same way AMD and Nvidia do.

If it is true Arrow Lake will not be cheap, i'm saying that now, Intel will hope AMD blunders Zen 5, very unlikely, and then charge the a fortune for them so they can pay to service their own fabs while not using them and paying TSMC.

All Intel seems to be doing these days is desperation and hoping AMD Bulldozers something along the way.

Last edited:
I don't think it really matters, Intel would still have to try and make enough money to keep servicing their own fabs while at the same time paying TSMC for wafers in the same way AMD and Nvidia do.

If it is true Arrow Lake will not be cheap, i'm saying that now, Intel will hope AMD blunders Zen 5, very unlikely, and then charge the a fortune for them so they can pay to service their own fabs while not using them and paying TSMC.

All Intel seems to be doing these days is desperation and hoping AMD Bulldozers something along the way.
Yeah it won't be cheap full package is 3d stacked on the foveros passive layer.

Arrow Lake will also be using TSMC 4nm. I'm excited to see AMD/Intel finally compete on the same process node, where only architecture and design matter.
That will be very interesting.
Sort of expecting Arrow Lake's P cores to be even more power hungry than the current ones - all things being equal. See if TSMC 4nm will be able to tame that, but they are crazily wide.

Intel may further reduce their margin on desktop in order to keep/gain market share. The current 13th gen CPU's are also very expensive to make, huge monolithic dies compared to what Zen4 is using.

Ironically the Zen 4 P-Cores are little bigger than the E-Cores in 13'th gen, you can fit about 3 Zen 4 cores in one P-Core. Those 8 core chiplets about the size of your little fingernail, you get about 1,300 of them per 300mm wafer.

Last edited:
If they both finally do end up on 4nm it will be good to at least truly compare differences when on same node.

AMD's had the process advantage for so long, this will be the great equalizer! That said, unless Intel's significantly changed their P cores, it'll still be much more power hungry than Zen5.

Ironically the Zen 4 P-Cores are little bigger than the E-Cores in 13'th gen, you can fit about 3 Zen 4 cores in one P-Core. Those 8 core chiplets about the size of your little fingernail, you get about 1,300 of them per 300mm wafer.
Shows how much AMD are holding back so they can overcharge us:-)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom