• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 5 rumours

That is crazy money !

New boards starting at £200 (for now) might not put any downward pressure on low/mid range just yet, we can hope though.

New mobo's have dropped at OcUK :)

Ouch!

Asus ROG Strix X670E-I @ £400
or
Asus ROG STRIX X870-I @ £408.98

on the brightside there will loads of reviews to go through tonight :p

Interestingly only gskill have made it to the QVL list for the mobo I want, they have 2 kits rated at 800MT

F5-8000J3848H16GX2-TZ5RS @ 40-48-48-128 and 1.35V

and

F5-8000J4048F24GX2-TZ5RK @ 40-48-48-128 and 1.35V

That makes my choice a bit easier, gskill it will be. The F5-8400J4052G24GX2-TR5G is not supported yet in that list, but Im presuming I could get it and if it isn't stable, downclock to 8000?

If anyone has a link on any guides on how to tighten timings up Id appreciate it, I have plenty on how to overclock, not so much on how to tighten timings.

Last edited:
The 9900x3d will be ideal for me if it has cache on both ccds. Really is what I have been waiting for to replace my 5900x. When are these expected to release?

I'm hoping the same, currently have a 7900X and was planning on going to a 9800X3D. But if the 9900X3D has cache on both I would go for that. They are expected early next year.

I'm hoping the same, currently have a 7900X and was planning on going to a 9800X3D. But if the 9900X3D has cache on both I would go for that. They are expected early next year.

yet to see what dual ccd x3d cache will do for gaming other then less issue with software deciding which ccd to use, but you'll still only be using 6 cores for gaming , some games are benefiting using 8 cores

Last edited:
yet to see what dual ccd x3d cache will do for gaming other then less issue with software deciding which ccd to use, but you'll still only be using 6 cores for gaming , some games are benefiting using 8 cores

That's why I will wait and see what the reviews say, once all the 3D CPU's are out.

Back
Top Bottom