• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 5 rumours

Maybe but but the DIY community seem to have throughly convinced themselves the 7800X3D is the only option. The 7800X3D is an extremely impressive part to fair. The performance on offer for 70ish watts is just plain bonkers.
It’s also been available for nearly 2 years often at a lower price than it is now so the sudden jump in price looks more like a supply issue than demand to me.

It’s also been available for nearly 2 years often at a lower price than it is now so the sudden jump in price looks more like a supply issue than demand to me.

4 reasons.

1, Pent up demand from people waiting to see Zen5.

2, People hard convincing others Zen5 is rubbish.

3, Intels dire failure rate.

4, People have realised 7800X3D is a stupidity good chip.

Last edited:
On this note, that ^^^^ is rebranded this...

Its the same CPU with a 200Mhz clock bump, literally that and changing the name on the HS is all they did, it is £350.

DRR5 is cheap now.
CL30 6000 with RGB. £110.

LGA 1700 Motherboards are also not expensive.

All in £560 for the 12900K rig, decent parts, there is nothing crap in that bundle.
Thing is though if you are going to tie yourself to a dead end platform are you not better getting a 5800X3D ?

4 reasons.

1, Pent up demand from people waiting to see Zen5.

2, People hard convincing others Zen5 is rubbish.

3, Intels dire failure rate.

4, People have realised 7800X3D is a stupidity good chip.
Or AMD has cut X3D supply to force Zen 5 sales which has a major oversupply problem as expectations didn’t meet the reality.

On this note, that ^^^^ is rebranded this...

Its the same CPU with a 200Mhz clock bump, literally that and changing the name on the HS is all they did, it is £350.

DRR5 is cheap now.
CL30 6000 with RGB. £110.

LGA 1700 Motherboards are also not expensive.

All in £560 for the 12900K rig, decent parts, there is nothing crap in that bundle.

No, a 13700K is not as you claim literally just changing the name on the IHS with a 200mhz speed bump over a 12900K.

Last edited:
Theyve more than likely gone up because none of Intels slides for their new chips compare to the X3D chips, so those are obviously still wining the race, at least in gaming and also short supply of the 7800X3D, they wont be on the production line anymore with the 9800X3D potentially only a month away, not that im convinced about that, surely if they were due for release in November, reviewers would be getting samples about now, including ES chips would be out in the wild.

You'll be surprised how fast delivery is , been buying stuff for few years usually week or just over
Same, I buy things from China all the time too, especially water cooling parts for my PC, fraction of the cost compared to UK prices, and theres no risk if you use payment services which you're protected with, like you said, most of the time I get them just over a week, once in a blue moon it takes a little longer, i have some parts on there way to me now as well as some parts coming from Germany.

From what i gather going over 6400 is pointless as the IO die can't do more than 2133Mhz FCLK 1:1 fabric ratio, it can on rare occasion but its unlikely.

I find that a bit daft personally, i have run mine at 1900Mhz FCLK, its a Ryzen 5800X, they only made an iterative improvement to the IO die Zen 3 to Zen 4 and none at all Zen 4 to Zen 5, its actually running at a 3:1 IMC ratio with Zen 4/5 as opposed to 2:1 IMC ratio with Zen 3. it clocks maybe 15% higher due to a process node upgrade but that's about it.

IMO from Zen 3 to Zen 5 they should really be running it upto 4000 2:1 IMC ratio for those 8000MT/s speeds on the RAM, just brining it back to a 2:1 ratio would on its own increase gaming performance a chunk, this with DDR5 IMO.

You get the sense that they played it safe because "its good enough" well it could have been better if you had actually put some engineering time in to the IO die.
Noob question here, but what does FCLK stand for, and what does is represent/do?

Noob question here, but what does FCLK stand for, and what does is represent/do?

There is a fabric mesh that connects all the dies together, it has an adjustable clock speed, that is the FCLK (Clock Frequency of the Infinity Fabric Interconnect) the higher this clock the faster it is the lower the latency between the chiplets, that lower latency is what you want for higher performance in gaming.

It matters because its tied to the system ram clock, the higher the ram clock the higher the FCLK, there is a limit to that so if you clock the ram higher than the FCLK can clock it puts it in a lower ratio, so from a 1:1 ration to a 1/2 (half) ratio and with that increasing the fabric latency.

Back
Top Bottom