• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 5 rumours

Started working on the 9950X over the weekend

I'm running into the thermal limits, so may need to upgrade to LM or my DD block. I think I have a pretty leaky cheap as I have seen hitting 377W in some tests.

Here are some placeholders for now:

R23:
96ttSfg.jpg

Aida64:
YVt1NRx.png

Last edited:
Poor that it's hardly an increase in overall performance is the point. If a new console came out and it was barely if anything better than the previous machine I think it would be fair to say people would call it a flop.

Underwhelming is a better word, rather than calling them poor. Even stating that the improvement was poor sounds fine and I agree, but the performance itself is still not actually poor.

I'm running into the thermal limits, so may need to upgrade to LM or my DD block. I think I have a pretty leaky cheap as I have seen hitting 377W in some tests.

R23:
96ttSfg.jpg

Aida64:
YVt1NRx.png

Can I ask what sort of curve offsets you're using? Are you using the new Curve shaper too?

Can I ask what sort of curve offsets you're using? Are you using the new Curve shaper too?

CO

Core 1 -50 all other cores -30 as I left it testing for about 2/3 hours over the weekend.

CS

I am still experimenting with his but at the moment I have the following:

Max / High / Mid Freq - High Temp set to -10 so that will shift the whole curve to the right.

R23:
96ttSfg.jpg

Aida64:
YVt1NRx.png

Any 0d errors after running benchmarks that access ram or put a load on ram on the X870 Hero and then rebooting ?

Guess the 9800X3D will be £500 considering the 7800X3D is now back to it’s launch price of £450, if anything it’s actually more expensive than launch given the exchange rate was 1.24 back then while it’s 1.31 today.

My basket at OcUK:

Total: £449.99 (includes delivery: £0.00)​

Retailers are doing this, running low on stock.

Crazy when a CPU costs as much as a mid range graphics card. The leaker suggesting waiting for 9950x3d smacks of AMD doing an Nvidia (The more you buy the more you save)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom