• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 5 rumours

Soldato
OP
He's puting out Battlemage rumours again, placing its performance at, and i quote "between 3070 and 4070 Super" right so any one of about 5 performance levels then? Why couldn't i guess that?

And he wants to just ignore the dozen videos he made a year ago saying Battlemage has been cancelled and Intel's discrete GPU division has been shut down

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
The Red Gaming Tech (is that the right name? I can't remember now!) is the bloke that I pay attention to.

I reckon Zen 5 will be announced at Computex in June, then we'll have the non-3D CPUs releasing a few months later.

Then the 3D CPUs releasing early next year, after CES.

It's hard to pay attention to redgaming no matter how accurate or inaccurate his claims may be because he single-handedly has the most annoying voice of any tech YouTuber

Soldato
OP
PCIE bandwidth affecting performance is a funny old thing to estimate

Take for example the above chart from TPU, it says PCIE gen1 only makes the 4090 lose 19% performance. So logically that means if I take a GPU that's 20% or more slower than the 4090 then that GPU should lose 0% performance on PCIE gen1, right???

And yet if I take a 3080 which 50% slower than an 4090 and then running in pcie1, it runs 13% slower! What gives???

This proves that even if your GPU maxes out the pcie bandwidth, it doesn't actually affect performance much and even if you throw in a much faster GPU it still doesn't affect it much, if you have are running in pcie gen1.1 and you have a 3080 and then buy a 4090 you still get a massive performance boost over the 3080

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Hope x3d comes soon I wanna switch to x3d from my 7950x. I look forward to lower power draw and higher fps

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Regardless of what it is, wait for X3D.

AMD has proved twice now that there is no reason to get the non X3D processors, they have no real advantage in real life applications

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Did you deliberately cut the legend off so no one could see you quoting the 720p results? As you probably will know I was quoting 4k results which is almost certainly more valid to the majority of users here trying to decide what they should pair with there 4090 and if they should wait for the X 3D variant

4k results is stupid for a cpu benchmark and you know it

Soldato
OP
Doubling down paying off:

Screenshot_2024-04-05-10-44-44-69_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg

I noticed he is now also view botting, I wonder when he started doing that sneaky ****

If you visit his website, it has his latest YouTube video embedded and automatically starts playing, meaning that random clicks to his website and Google traffic bots visiting that site will automatically trigger his YouTube video view counts to go up

Soldato
OP
Speaking of Intel, Bernstein investment firm put out some interesting analysis today and at the end said there is no reason for investors to buy Intel shares until 2030 lol

Soldato
OP
Means nothing. An investment firm says don't buy Intel, maybe they do know something but don't want the stock price to go up, yet.

An investment firm does not care about your investments, it only cares about its own, it is not going to work against its self interests... ;)

Intel shares similar sentiments; latest statement from Intels CEO is that they forecast Intel will not break even again until at least 2027, from now until then Intel will keep making a loss and that's not an analysts words, it's straight from Intels CEO

Last edited:
Soldato
OP

97493_701_amd-ryzen-9-9950x-cpu-tested-zen-5-chip-is-46-faster-in-cinebench-r24-than-7950x.png

41% IPC?

Anyway, after clicking through multiple links, because in 2024 "news" is when you just post a link to another news website, which posted a link to another news website and finding the actual source takes effort

And here is the original source of the performance claims, this video

The says the performance comes from 40% IPC increase and clock speed increase to 6.1ghz

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
If we see 40%+ anywhere it's going to be some specific (probably AVX-512) workload or something. Expecting 15% IPC + 5% frequency

What instruction set does Cinebench R24 use? Cause RedGamingTech posted the bench numbers

If it's AVX512 then yeah I'd say it's probably not representative of overall performance cause it's being rumoured that Zen4 includes new advancements specifically for AVX512 and games don't really use this

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
The way AI performance is measured now is all over the place

Intel for example is saying its next gen mobile system, called lunar lake, will be 100 tops.. way more than AMD's 25 right? The way Intel calculates is a 100 is they take the NPU performance then added the CPU cores performance, then add the GPU core performance and say hey guys it's a 100tops when you take the entire systems components into account

And then other companies like AMD just give you the NPU number, the 25 excludes the CPU core and GPU core AI performance and the other problem is there can be variance in the measurement of tops - for example some use INT4, some use INT8 etc, so there is no standard of what "1 TOPS AI performance" is

Soldato
OP
New rumours claim AMD increases base cache amounts in all Ryzen 9k SKUs, so x3D might not be needed or won't be as much of a jump in gaming anymore.

It will not be significant increase if it's not vcache, takes up too much space, memory stopped scaling ages ago, am5 is a tiny chip and ryzen 9000 is on a slightly better node than 7000, ergo there is no space for a major improvement in cache for non cache models

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom