• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 5 rumours

Soldato
OK so my CPU was 100% regardless if I used RT on Ultra or no RT (which is how I usually play - all settings on high/ultra etc). I didn't notice any problems when playing. All appeared smooth. Micro stutter occasionally flashed up as shown at 1-2% but it went back to 0% just as quickly. Didn't notice any problems in game when this occured. What should I see if Micro Stutter was causing problems?

Metrics.jpg

CPU Util 100%. CPU Temp 48ºC. Task Manager doesn't quite match yours, the CPU graphs aren't all 100% maxed even though it says 100%.

Metrics2.jpg

Like I say, gaming on the 7600 in Cyberpunk seems fine for me. But I don't use RT or 4K or an Nvidia GPU so perhaps this combo is the straw that broke the camels back.

Anyway back on topic - looking forward to swapping out the 7600 with the new Zen 5 when they arrive. :)

Your 7600 is maxed out there, though which area are you in? As we mentioned earlier, Tom's Diner is a good area to test, as there are a huge number of NPC's going about their business around the diner.

I can only say that in my PC gaming experience, when I see 100% cpu usage across all cores, I can feel slowdown/lag/stutter in game play. Swapping in a Ryzen 7700 gained me significant FPS at 4k max settings with RT on and made it silky smooth.

This was while I was waiting for my 7950x3D to release/arrive, wanted to see how good the 7600 and 7700 CPU's were. I also had my 7600 quite heavily overclocked (boosting to 5.3Ghz in the screenshot) so it had an extra advantage.

Associate
New CPUs getting ever closer. Just checked ASRock for any updates and there is a new BIOS.

Update AMD AGESA 1.1.7.0 for Next Generation Ryzen™ processors support.
:cool:
I’ve been on the fence for the last 3 years now was going to upgrade to Zen 3 then I told myself I’ll hold out till Zen 4… I’ve waited again :D will definitely be going with Zen 5 to help keep my 6950Xt and possibly whatever AMD launch next for 1440p 165… my 9900k is definitely showing its age pushing the high fps and smooth gameplay

Soldato
Soldato
I'm looking at getting a new zen 5 probably the 8 core 9700X on release. Any recommendations on motherboards (prob cheap end of X670E) & ram please?
I've been happy with the Corsair Vengeance RGB memory. Paired with the mobo I have it seems to be very happy; just flick on EXPO and away you go - DDR5-6000 at 30-36-36-76. It is also cheap, like £112 for 32GB.

Reactions: R3X
Associate
+100Mhz compared to 7950X kinda meh
+19% in cpuz single threaded. I guess as expected. Matches intel room heater
Note 1 cpuz does not really reflect gaming performance.
Note 2 cpumonkey has different score for AMD, using that as baseline gain would only be 15%

Associate
+100Mhz compared to 7950X kinda meh
+19% in cpuz single threaded. I guess as expected. Matches intel room heater
Note 1 cpuz does not really reflect gaming performance.
Note 2 cpumonkey has different score for AMD, using that as baseline gain would only be 15%
All true but also

A new Infinity Fabric Interconnect
Details where taken from an early engineering sample so still room for improvement on final production

Soldato
I picked up a cheap ish 7700 for below £200 imported to try it out and also got a Taichi Lite board for now. I heard the next board series brings little/nothing new.

I would rather them leapfrog Intel by a good margin with their regular chips (in games) instead of needing X3D to do It.

Also I know for the mid chips like 8 cores even with better IPC it's going to be hard to match Intel in multi core since they have the e-cores as well, even though some like to call them fake cores.

Soldato
I picked up a cheap ish 7700 for below £200 imported to try it out and also got a Taichi Lite board for now. I heard the next board series brings little/nothing new.

I would rather them leapfrog Intel by a good margin with their regular chips (in games) instead of needing X3D to do It.

Also I know for the mid chips like 8 cores even with better IPC it's going to be hard to match Intel in multi core since they have the e-cores as well, even though some like to call them fake cores.
Been having a look at different boards tonight but what’s the advantage of going with a pricey B650E like the taichi lite over an X670E for a similar price?

Edit: It also seems to be a similar price to the regular B650E taichi.

Last edited:
Soldato
Been having a look at different boards tonight but what’s the advantage of going with a pricey B650E like the taichi lite over an X670E for a similar price?

Edit: It also seems to be a similar price to the regular B650E taichi.
Not sure 100% but I paid around 260, I just went based on number of USB ports, and reports on VRM temperatures are supposed to be decent I think. The lite board is also slightly smaller AFAIK.

EDIT: the boards look to support higher ram speeds as well over most others which I guess possibly helps if Zen 5 (or above?) support higher speeds.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom