• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 5 rumours

Associate
When i logged into Steam one day last week i got the offer to do the survey.. first time in about 5 years.

I decided to do it for the first time ever :D
I've got the 20-year service badge and have never, as far as I remember, been asked to do a survey.

I've never really thought about it, but if they don't ask, do they never use your hardware in the stats ?

Soldato
I've got the 20-year service badge and have never, as far as I remember, been asked to do a survey.

I've never really thought about it, but if they don't ask, do they never use your hardware in the stats ?

If you opt out, i'm fairly sure they ask again. But like you, i've never done one, which is why you should take the survey as a loose guideline at best.

Soldato
Oh... snap, me too, i told them about my 7800 XT, lets see if it appears, it'll be mine, just mine, mine will be the first. :D

also, you have an Nvidia GPU, like Steam Hardware Survey doesn't already have enough of those???? :p

Well it is what it is until AV1 encoding arrives at Twitch but people still say AMD sucks for DayZ which is part of the reason i switched to Ngreedia. I paid £445 for this 3060Ti which wasnt too bad at the time i bought it.

Im holding out as long as i can but thinking of doing the CPU itch first :D Wish we knew when Radeon 8800XT was coming as i think my 5800X3D is good for a while yet :)

Soldato

Im 14 years in.. think i did the survey when i joined and always declined it until last week.

I am sure they have ways to ID our bits without us knowing :D

Soldato
9600X ES leaked

VosA9qs.png

Expected a little more IPC increase stock vs stock - but this is an ES, so final scores may be higher.

Suspended
9600X ES leaked

VosA9qs.png

Expected a little more IPC increase stock vs stock - but this is an ES, so final scores may be higher.
You expected more IPC? Well..... that is a 0% IPC gain. :D

Wait for real reviews. I'm not sure VideoCardz or CPU-Z is to be trusted, CPU-Z might get one of those day 1 updates where it suddenly makes a difference where it didn't before ;)

NXsf3uN.png

Last edited:
Soldato
I think the 9600(X) is going to be a great chip once we see them at the sub £200 price, even more so if we see the 9500F variant. Only recently have the 7800X3D's dropped below £300, which isn't a massive sum of money, but I like chips cheap, and cheap chips, always have preferred the bang for the buck than just brute forcing performance with cold hard cash.

Been messing around with some of the 8xxx parts recently, and I am very tempted to swap out my aging 5700G for one, especially with the offers around on them right now.

Soldato
Soldato
AMD has confirmed what we all suspected; ryzen 9000 CPUs are slower in games than Ryzen 7000x3d. AMD says you have to wait for 9000x3d to see improvements

Not to sound negative, but to me AMD are scoring an own goal here. Launch of a next gen CPU should outperform the previous generation. While we know Ryzen 9000X3D is coming - the reviews/hype/launch would be so much more exciting if the X3D parts were coming at the same time as the non X3D chips.

Can you imagine NVIDIA launching RTX 5000 series with a 5090 which is slower than the 4090? With the caveat that a 5090 Super is coming a few months later which will be faster than a 4090? It just wouldn't happen.

I'll keep enjoying my 7950X3D until the 9950X3D launches and will pick it up on release, still excited for this!

Soldato
OP
I agree it's stupid

Most people who buy this stuff are gamers give us what we want

At the bare minimum they should have given us the 9950x3d. Take your time on the rest but give us your best gaming chip at launch

Last edited:
Associate
No bad product only bad prices.
If the to be released 9700X is slower than 7800X3D, it better be cheaper as well.

If all you get from a 9950X is a 16% uplift over 7950X, time to adjust flagship pricing

Soldato
No bad product only bad prices.
If the to be released 9700X is slower than 7800X3D, it better be cheaper as well.

If all you get from a 9950X is a 16% uplift over 7950X, time to adjust flagship pricing

I paid £750 for my 7950X3D on the 28th Feb 2023. I expect the 9950X to be the same £750, probably more due to inflation.

9950X3D probably be close to £1k, if X3D is indeed much improved. Perhaps a X3D cache on each CCX, or a next gen hardware scheduler.

AMD know they likely have no competition from Intel for the X3D parts, so can charge whatever they want, people will buy it as it'll be the best.

Associate
worth pointing out that the 9700X is only a 65W preocessor - vs the 7800X3D with had 105W(?) and vCache to play with.

i presume that any 9800X3D will come with 105W, giving a it a bigger boost vis-a-vis its not vCache counterpart than is the case in the 7x00 generation.

Back
Top Bottom