• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 5 rumours

Soldato
It would be crazy not to wait now. I have had the "itch" for several months now but somehow managed to stave it off. Personally I will be waiting for the 3d chips to launch. A 9800x3d will be a hell of a jump from my lowly 12600 non k.
Cheers, I think I will wait.

I am in the same boat as been wanting to upgrade for ages now but never got round to buying it and kept putting it off.

Soldato
If is true then this is misleading, i say misleading because it doesn't state if the R23 result is MT or ST but one would assume its MT, which i do..... On the CPU side AMD have been known to sandbag published first party results vs reality. But nothing like this, its one cheeky bit of sandbagging.

RRfEkcf.png

DwQodVw.png
In the first slide it says at the bottom, all tests are up to.....that percentage.

The CB23 score AMD slide is showing is 17%

The CB23 score in the link I posted on the previous page which youve shown a picture of below the AMD slide is single core +15%, it's close enough to AMDs score.

We all know it also depends on config, motherboard and ram used etc.

Last edited:
Suspended
In the first slide it says at the bottom, all tests are up to.....that percentage.

The CB23 score AMD slide is showing is 17%

The CB23 score in the link I posted on the previous page which youve shown a picture of below the AMD slide is single core +15%, it's close enough to AMDs score.

We all know it also depends on config, motherboard and ram used etc.
What about 41%?

Associate
Definitely looks like in multithreaded productivity Zen 5 will be a big jump. And gamers can wait for X3D
Hopefully not too long, as rumours suggest x3D might arrive very soon after standard ones, this time. Or at least be ready for release, but that doesn't mean they'll be at stores.

Soldato
Hopefully not too long, as rumours suggest x3D might arrive very soon after standard ones, this time. Or at least be ready for release, but that doesn't mean they'll be at stores.

I thought it was Zen 5 mobile and then RDNA next.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Or rather they mastered production of x3D enough to just release them instantly to gamers. They know well most gamers in the know will wait for them anyway and skip standard ones so waiting doesn't work that well financially anymore.
Plus Arrow Lake might just be good enough to pressure them if Intel can get their crap together and release in Q4.

Associate
I look forward to the X3D 6 or 8 core versions and reviews. I'll maybe wait and make sure it doesn't have any issues first. I like the non-X CPUs, but in reality they don't run much hotter in most real world setups and temp isn't something to worry about. (right Intel? etc)

Soldato
I look forward to the X3D 6 or 8 core versions and reviews. I'll maybe wait and make sure it doesn't have any issues first. I like the non-X CPUs, but in reality they don't run much hotter in most real world setups and temp isn't something to worry about. (right Intel? etc)
Looking forward to 6 core in 2024? I think it's silly of AMD to even offer them in 2024, very stingy.

6 core should go the way of quad core for new gaming CPU's. In the bin.

Last edited:
Soldato
Looking forward to 6 core in 2024? I think it's silly of AMD to even offer them in 2024, very stingy.

I disagree if using waste silcon with 3D cache gives better benefits than using 8 cores with out it then why does it matter? Yes 6 cores isn't ideal, but it is nice to have options at all price ranges, not everyone wants to throw money at the wall buying 11900k's etc. ;)

Back
Top Bottom