• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 5 rumours

Suspended
this is 9900X vs 7900X, its pretty easy to work it out yourself from there,

a 7900X and 7900X3d perform the same, the X3D just does it at a lower TDP, whereas the X has the frequency advantage across all cores.

Ive not been wrong about a lot so far. ;)

And finally, 9900X vs 7900X3D

https://nanoreview.net/en/cpu-compare/amd-ryzen-9-9900x-vs-amd-ryzen-9-7900x3d

Bare in mind, all of the 9000 series chips are ES samples, no one owns one yet, so they could improve even further.
Please note that the tests on the Ryzen 9 9900X are done on engineering sample provided by our insiders. The data will be more accurate after we get the final version of this CPU.

We compared two 12-core desktop CPUs: the 4.4 GHz AMD Ryzen 9 9900X against the 4.7 GHz Ryzen 9 7900X.

DwQodVw.png

____ off! no.... :cry:

Soldato
OP
12 core zen5 is faster than 16 core zen4
while running at lower clocks and with just a 16% higher IPC in Cinebench as declared by AMD?

Seems highly suspicious

Last edited:
Soldato
Nope, I rest my case, upto 16% IPC increase, from zen 4...from Lisa Su herself.

And upto 56% increase in multi core over a 14900k and as a 14900k beats zen4......there's nothing left to say

Last edited:
Soldato
I was thinking of getting the AMD 7800X3D for an upgrade.

I assume it would be best waiting until the new boards and processors are out as it will either push down the price of previous boards\processors or I can upgrade to the new boards\cpus instead

Associate
12 core zen5 is faster than 16 core zen4
while running at lower clocks and with just a 16% higher IPC in Cinebench as declared by AMD?

Seems highly suspicious
What ? The picture above posted by humbug? the 7900X is 12 core as well.
Given AVX and L1 bandwidth massively improved, some applications will benefit a lot.

16% IPC improvement is an average. It depends whether the application was bottlenecked by resources that have been improved. Some apps will improve a lot, some will barely improve.

Last edited:
Suspended
If is true then this is misleading, i say misleading because it doesn't state if the R23 result is MT or ST but one would assume its MT, which i do..... On the CPU side AMD have been known to sandbag published first party results vs reality. But nothing like this, its one cheeky bit of sandbagging.

RRfEkcf.png

DwQodVw.png

Last edited:
Associate
It would be crazy not to wait now. I have had the "itch" for several months now but somehow managed to stave it off. Personally I will be waiting for the 3d chips to launch. A 9800x3d will be a hell of a jump from my lowly 12600 non k.
Exactly my thoughts. Hoping for a 2 ccd 9900X3d as I don't want to drop to 8 cores from my 5900X so if they don't make one I may get a 9950X, either way it will be a huge jump.

Associate
If is true then this is misleading, i say misleading because it doesn't state if the R23 result is MT or ST
this is IPC, so ran at fixed frequency. ST or MT wouldn't make much difference

but rumors say that due to improved power efficiency and such, Zen5 will run higher boost clocks on average in multithreaded load

and a peek at it is in productivity slide here
7256f65dbc43df7729914616064a3f25

in cinebench 7950X is currently slightly behind 14900K, in Blender slightly ahead, both within like 2%
So the 9950X makes a jump higher than just IPC, even if declared boost clock remains the same.
Clearly it spends more time at higher clocks.

Not conflicting with IPC claims, but also not been shouted from rooftops by AMD. Some degree of sandbagging

Definitely looks like in multithreaded productivity Zen 5 will be a big jump. And gamers can wait for X3D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom