• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** AMD "Zen" thread (inc AM4/APU discussion) ***

In before more predicted Dg negativity. Soon into January though and see some established reviews I'm hoping!

its not negativity its realism.

as i said early on in the thread.this whole thread is speculation.nothing is known.its guess work.unless you actually know.8pack just said similar yet im negative lol.

the thread should have been locked off until some kind of solid details of real performance.

i would like a great amd cpu.i have owned more amd cpus than intel.

if..the performance is great then i will probably have one in a pc.

its not negativity its realism.

as i said early on in the thread.this whole thread is speculation.nothing is known.its guess work.unless you actually know.8pack just said similar yet im negative lol.

the thread should have been locked off until some kind of solid details of real performance.

i would like a great amd cpu.i have owned more amd cpus than intel.

if..the performance is great then i will probably have one in a pc.

Before you buy a new CPU, a keyboard with a working shift key might be a better bet.

its fine keeps the gramma natzis busy ;)

:D

shows how little is known the only response is to try and correct someones english :p

we will know soon though.hold tight ! :D

Some things are known..... But no one in this thread knows anything concrete or if they do can say..... It's not negative if someone points that out.

Except the last post by the user in question before the negativity comment was making incorrect claims about previous launches - it was indeed negativity or possibly revisionist history, depending on how you want to view it. Still, mostly just people posting because they're bored waiting for real news I'd imagine & may as well not be rude about other users when just marking time anyway.

Speaking of which...
Ugh, hurry up real news :p I know it could be a long wait but patience has never been one of my best virtues.

Last edited:
well the reason i pointed it out was on launch 5ghz blah blah.

i only seen one person on here post with a genuine 5ghz daily 24/7 clock.that guy im talking about also rmd that chip.

two more have since posted they have 5ghz before.so yes i was slightly wrong.2 people had successful 5ghz chips.out of all of ocuk.:p so hardly a blanket 5ghz on air performance was it.

all i was pointing at is pr, marketing will have you believe anything for sales.the actual retail performance is often different.dont jump in double footed.

january is here.wish you all the best.zen/ryzen one day closer :p

Ironic, have you guys seen the hype around the 7700K?

The chances are its a Skylake re-brand that overclocks like Sandy Bridge with a price-tag approaching £400.

Exciting times....

At least this is something new!

Last edited:
Ironic, have you guys seen the hype around the 7700K?

The chances are its a Skylake re-brand that overclocks like Sandy Bridge with a price-tag approaching £400.

Exciting times....

No? Seems like an almost pointless launch from any previews we've seen, and the majority of chatter on the CPU side is as much.
I'm confused why there's a wink thread for it though, assuming that's what Gibbo's pointing to.

I thought the wink was for Zen but I know nothing.

A few weeks ago, a wink this time I'd have thought Zen.
But with the chatter of March etc, and with us not knowing anything, you just don't know.

I know there were rumours of Zen 15th of Jan, or CES showings etc. So maybe it is, maybe it's Kabylake.

Maybe it's an elaborate troll :p

EDIT : Unless I've taken it out of context, I think the cat's out the bag and it's Zen.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom