• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** AMD "Zen" thread (inc AM4/APU discussion) ***

I guess not, tho he is promoting it, thats his job, they will need promoting because 2017 Intel tax will have them getting closer to £400, a ridiculous amount of money for a 2006 format CPU.

Your posts about the pricing really annoy me, because they're pretty much flat out biased.
It's not Intels fault the UK decided to tank its economy, they don't really control retailers UK pricing given it's dollar pricing, and can be seen from places like US Amazon what it can be bought at.

If there's a genuine dollar price rise on the chips, then fair enough. But up until now the dollar pricing has been consistent for years.

5GHZ benchmarks aren't the same as a stable 5GHZ 24/7 clock.

It was pretty obvious what he was getting at.
But meh, why try to bring any sense to the AMD hype train. All aboard.

Ding ding ding, we have a winner! I'd love for 5Ghz stable to be true, but in reality, it'll most likely be a minority that can achieve that. I'm fairly sure it said it was only 1 core at 5GHz too or that may have been a different report. My 6700k can do a 5Ghz benchmark (sometimes), it crashes when loading Chrome though.

Your posts about the pricing really annoy me.
It's not Intels fault the UK decided to tank its economy.

If there's a genuine dollar price rise on the chips, then fair enough. But up until now the dollar pricing has been consistent for years.

No but the 17.5% Tax in our 20% is the EU's doing, the rest is Mr Osborn's collage education level Economic Policy, the best thing Mrs May did to date was sack that buffon.

Besides that Intel are expensive whereever you go, i am addressing Intels pricing structure, not Brexit.

PS: i voted remain, if i had to do it again i'll vote leave.

Last edited:
Your posts about the pricing really annoy me, because they're pretty much flat out biased.
It's not Intels fault the UK decided to tank its economy, they don't control retailers UK pricing.

921afdb670.png

Until recently. Taken from Linus.

No but the 15% Tax in our 20% is the EU's doing, the rest is Mr Osborn's collage education level Economic Policy, the best thing Mrs May did to date was sack that buffon.

Besides that Intel are expensive where ever you go, i am addressing Intels pricing structure, not Brexit.

PS: i voted remain, if i had to do it again i'll vote leave.

We won't agree on pricing. I don't personally have a problem with the dollar pricing. You want professional capabilities at consumer prices. I don't expect that.

A 4 Core from Intel dollar wise hasn't changed price in years, it will do what its always done and that is good enough for none professionals.

They have but they haven't changed that much, about +$80 since the 2600K, i would grant you that but the point is 4 core CPU's as higher end mainstream are an old format, there has been no real step up in what we get for our money in the last few years.

Four core CPU's are still a premium because Intel have been milking the market, not because 4 cores are high technology, they haven't been that for years.

Last edited:
A few weeks ago, a wink this time I'd have thought Zen.
But with the chatter of March etc, and with us not knowing anything, you just don't know.

I know there were rumours of Zen 15th of Jan, or CES showings etc. So maybe it is, maybe it's Kabylake.

Maybe it's an elaborate troll :p

EDIT : Unless I've taken it out of context, I think the cat's out the bag and it's Zen.

There will supposedly be a limited Launch of Zen, the Wink thread by Senpai Gibbo was for Zen and if you look at Ian's Comments it seems highly likely that Zen will Launch 17 January since it was supposed to launch in Q4 2016. the chips are done and finished the Canard article was using an old sample probably Pre-August preview. Just because they want to keep Intel on their toes and not reveal everything so Intel can adjust prices and AMD lose profits, it does not mean the CPU is done. CES they showcase motherboards.

There will supposedly be a limited Launch of Zen, the Wink thread by Senpai Gibbo was for Zen and if you look at Ian's Comments it seems highly likely that Zen will Launch 17 January since it was supposed to launch in Q4 2016. the chips are done and finished the Canard article was using an old sample probably Pre-August preview. Just because they want to keep Intel on their toes and not reveal everything so Intel can adjust prices and AMD lose profits, it does not mean the CPU is done. CES they showcase motherboards.

While I would very much like you to be right, I do think Ryzen releasing in just a couple of weeks, i.e available to purchase, is being awfully optimistic. That said, it would be very savvy of AMD to do so with Kaby releasing the week before... although Kaby isn't exactly a competitor for Ryzen anyway and is appealing to a different consumer, especially if the £700-800 price point of Ryzen is correct. But it would be a good way for AMD to steal some of the limelight.

Last edited:
While I would very much like you to be right, I do think Ryzen releasing in just a couple of weeks, i.e available to purchase, is being awfully optimistic. That said, it would be very savvy of AMD to do so with Kaby releasing the week before... although Kaby isn't exactly a competitor for Ryzen anyway and is appealing to a different consumer, especially if the £700-800 price point of Ryzen is correct. But it would be a good way for AMD to steal some of the limelight.

Even if the top end Ryzen is 700-800, Ryzen isn't a single product.
Of course it's competing with Kaby :confused:

Back
Top Bottom