• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** AMD "Zen" thread (inc AM4/APU discussion) ***

You don't "understand the implications and how memory works" you and Caracus2k are unable to explain why you are even making an issue out of this.

Caracus2k own link clearly show there is no real world difference with 400Mhz Memory speed differences.

All the pair of you are doing is repeating your failed and already disproved blanket statements over and over and over again......

It probably is something worth discussing. Just in better company :p

https://ark.intel.com/products/88195/Intel-Core-i7-6700K-Processor-8M-Cache-up-to-4_20-GHz

says the highest intel support is 2133 - that's the makers `guaranteed` speed

Do some research. Every Skylake ever made can do 3000Mhz memory speed without issue. Kabylake seems to improve this to 3600+, though not as many thousands of CPU's have been tested yet, so can't say for sure.

I imagine Zen's IMC will be very similar to Broadwell/Skylake, especially since AMD have had DDR4 available to test with for many, many years. It would be rather foolish if it could only do 2600 or some other low speed.

You don't "understand the implications and how memory works" you and Caracus2k are unable to explain why you are even making an issue out of this.

Caracus2k own link clearly show there is no real world difference with 400Mhz Memory speed differences.

All the pair of you are doing is repeating your failed and already disproved blanket statements over and over and over again......

I don't recall making it an issue, just pointing out what vendors are touting in terms of achievable frequency...after all, this is overclockers :o

I assume you mean 4000 not 400?.... I'm not talking about running 4000Mhz I'm suggesting that only being able to run oc mem on a dual channel setup is near the cusp if where it does start to affect performance. Therefore it does not bode well for the platforms future compared to intel chips......

Still waiting for some proof of 5.5Ghz never mind. The 6Ghz you suggested....

Btw posting a cpu-z screen is on a suicide run won't do it. You claimed you had an i5 2500k that would 'ruin' most i7's so it needs to be stable enough to run apps/ games

You're proper desperate to you hands on my chop aren't you. You need to talk to 8 Pack. I'm just the organ grinder :p

Do some research. Every Skylake ever made can do 3000Mhz memory speed without issue. Kabylake seems to improve this to 3600+, though not as many thousands of CPU's have been tested yet, so can't say for sure.

I imagine Zen's IMC will be very similar to Broadwell/Skylake, especially since AMD have had DDR4 available to test with for many, many years. It would be rather foolish if it could only do 2600 or some other low speed.

So linking Intel`s own website isn't `research` - the official ram speed supported by the company that makes the chip is 2400 for kaby lake.

anything else is down to the motherboard manufacturer - which is exactly what I said ....

I assume you mean 4000 not 400?.... I'm not talking about running 4000Mhz I'm suggesting that only being able to run oc mem on a dual channel setup is near the cusp if where it does start to affect performance. Therefore it does not bode well for the platforms future compared to intel chips......

Do you even DDR bro :p

The link you (Miss quoted the sun up) was between 2133Mhz and 2666Mhz. its just over 500Mhz, not 4000 and it made no real world difference to their results.

Zen will run memory at 2666Mhz, there is no issue.

Last edited:
You're proper desperate to you hands on my chop aren't you. You need to talk to 8 Pack. I'm just the organ grinder :p

You made a claim... Your own subsequent posts show that you claim was un substantiated...

If you want to make big claims you had better be able to back them up or be accused of being a fantasist

You made a claim... Your own subsequent posts show that you claim was un substantiated...

If you want to make big claims you had better be able to back them up or be accused of being a fantasist

8 Pack asked me to do a 6Ghz run. I can respect him as an top overclocker and if he want to repay that respect I'll hurt the chip in a world record attempt. But not for you :p defiantly not for a man that follows me around pestering :p

Says you who quoted a sentence from a linked review to backup your arguments that was not even in the link, what was actually in it disproved your arguments.

Back
Top Bottom