• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** AMD "Zen" thread (inc AM4/APU discussion) ***

Permabanned
677b2fccaea1e3c2.jpg

Zeed Joins the Hype train :)

Associate
Not sure you read it right. It says in regards to that mobo that the way to get more life out of the AM3 cooler... is to switch it out for an AM4 cooler ;)

When I read it like that, yeah it does actually seem like that. But what does it mean when they say "...makes it easy to fit with AM3/AM4 coolers..." and "...you'll get more life out of your previous cooler!" :confused: I'm now confused after you pointed that out. :D

P.B

P.B

Soldato
I think the x stands for xfr which is where the cpu overlclocks automatically.
You should be able to overclock manually.
I know the tdp doesn't matter to cpus but it does with gpus as it wont exceed it is ryzen like that there must be a reason the 1700 is so much cheaper.

Associate
It seems they all have XFR, even the 1700 so it's not entirely clear what the "X" denotes.

Yep there is some quoted comment from AMD on this thread somewhere further back that the X doesn't stand for XFR it stands for something else but they aren't telling us yet. Will be interesting to find out what it stands for if it does indeed relate to something else.

Back
Top Bottom