• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** AMD "Zen" thread (inc AM4/APU discussion) ***

Permabanned
after looking around for 2 weeks eventually orgered G.Skill Ripsaw V kit sinceI like my Ripsaw IV. Shame OCUK does not do G.Skill anymore but wanted something on Samsung IM's even tho wont make a difference but hey... Im swapping 5820 for 1700x thats not gonna be a difference anyway :D

Soldato
EEE DUAL aka TWO so why would you need four for two ?? Where is the logic LOL

I was just checking dude, the logic COULD BE Ryzen runs channel one as slots 1+3 and channel 2 2+4 - I don't know do I, hence why I was asking - that means 2 sticks would be channel 1 only, Or more likely slot 1 is channel 1, slot 3 is channel 2, and slot 2 and 4 follow respectively

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
I was just checking dude, the logic COULD BE Ryzen runs channel one as slots 1+3 and channel 2 2+4 - I don't know do I, hence why I was asking - that means 2 sticks would be channel 1 only, Or more likely slot 1 is channel 1, slot 3 is channel 2, and slot 2 and 4 follow respectively

It will be down to your mobo - put two in the wrong places and it will be single channel or not work at all or work but you only see one of them, put them in the right places and you will see both and they will be dual. Read the mobo book carefully if/as/when you get one. Depending on mobo and layout sometimes you need to use two slots of the same colour, sometimes different - YMMV.

Caporegime
AMD thrashing Intel on price/performance but the general public opting for Intel anyway due to brand power, I'm kinda optimistic that AMD will be able to make more of a go of it this time :)

maybe if they are faster than intel.remember amd have been showing us snippets of what they are faster at in very limited cicumstances.overall they could still be quite a bit slower. anyone pre ordering before benchmarks out is kinda puzzling.

Soldato
anyone pre ordering before benchmarks out is kinda puzzling.
Well they released Cinebench/blender/etc benchmarks that have been independently validated by trusted sources so I felt fine to pre-order, maybe the gaming performance will be no better than Intel but for workstation/VM/etc use it looks like a great upgrade.

For what I use my system for I'm basically going to have 6900k performance for 40% of the price (even less once I sell my X79 set up).

Soldato
maybe if they are faster than intel.remember amd have been showing us snippets of what they are faster at in very limited cicumstances.overall they could still be quite a bit slower. anyone pre ordering before benchmarks out is kinda puzzling.

Maybe i wanted to pre order instead of waiting 2-3 months for stock :p

Soldato
You must be mistaken, it's clarly impossible:

Very mature of you. If you're going to ignore what i've posted since then, you might as well just stop talking. Especially since I doubt you'll be able to show any 3000Mhz results for yourself. "Clarly" you don't really care either way.

I'm saying nothing :D

Probably for the best for the same reasons.

Don
Very mature of you. If you're going to ignore what i've posted since then, you might as well just stop talking. Especially since I doubt you'll be able to show any 3000Mhz results for yourself. "Clarly" you don't really care either way.

Probably for the best for the same reasons.

Will have to wait until Ryzen 5 or Ryzen 3 is released, as that's more my price range I'm afraid. Although if you want to send your free sample out when you get it, I'll give it a go.

Back
Top Bottom