• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** AMD "Zen" thread (inc AM4/APU discussion) ***

Associate
B350 Motherboard information :

According to ComputerBase, the AMD B350 chipset does support multi-GPU, but only through CrossFire. There is no SLI support. This information is still under NDA despite new motherboards and Ryzen CPUs being available for preorders. I know B350 is the budget-oriented chipset, so multi-GPU is may not be as popular as it will be on X370, but I think it’s worth to know this beforehand.

Source : Videocardz

Soldato
Makes sense, I'm guessing the ETA has just shifted for new orders as they've sold their intial stock allocation

Indeed.

@Gibbo said they have ~3000 Ryzen 1700 ready for the 2nd. I think the bottleneck will be the motherboards, there will be many people with Ryzen but no motherboard for a while.

But said nothing on 1800X though :(

Caporegime

According to ComputerBase, the AMD B350 chipset does support multi-GPU, but only through CrossFire. There is no SLI support. This information is still under NDA despite new motherboards and Ryzen CPUs being available for preorders. I know B350 is the budget-oriented chipset, so multi-GPU is may not be as popular as it will be on X370, but I think it’s worth to know this beforehand.

Yeah.

Probably Because Motherboard Vendors have to pay nVidia to have SLI, that cost will be incorporated in the higher end boards.

IMO SLI doesn't matter anyway, SLI is dead, nVidia themselves said as much. 90% of potential purchasers don't care about SLI so to have a more cost effective range without that is a good idea. :)

Associate

Erm, putting NDA on supported configurations is crossing the line.

Soldato
Yeah.

Probably Because Motherboard Vendors have to pay nVidia to have SLI, that cost will be incorporated in the higher end boards.

IMO SLI doesn't matter anyway, SLI is dead, nVidia themselves said as much. 90% of potential purchasers don't care about SLI so to have a more cost effective range without that is a good idea. :)

Just as well you think that given the aforementioned fact, then. What about those who own two cards who have pre-ordered.

Soldato

How long before SLI is hacked to work though. Nvidia have trying to disable SLI on non SLI boards for years.

Caporegime
Soldato
Or cancel that item and re-order one with SLI support

Your constant negativity is a bit wearing lol

Not sure I've been constantly negative anywhere, realism gives perspective. In this instance, no SLI support is disappointing. Don't really think that's up for debate lol. Was more in respect of the fact Humbug believe it not to matter at all

Soldato
Is it just me or is OcUK loading up as a blank page for some of the Ryzen CPUs? Trying to check if the 1700X comes with a cooler. Because at the moment I'm finding it annoying to find a compatible cooler :p.

Caporegime
Not sure I've been constantly negative anywhere, realism gives perspective. In this instance, no SLI support is disappointing. Don't really think that's up for debate lol

Then buy one with SLI support, its written which boards do and don't support it in the specifications list, i for one am happy to pay a little less for one that doesn't as i will never use it.

Your negativity in this IS unwarranted.

Associate
Is it just me or is OcUK loading up as a blank page for some of the Ryzen CPUs? Trying to check if the 1700X comes with a cooler. Because at the moment I'm finding it annoying to find a compatible cooler :p.

Only 1700 comes with cooler, 1700X and 1800X do not. There is a topic already about coolers and current support, I'm torn between a H110i and a new case from OcUK or keeping my current case and getting a Noctua D15 AM4 from a certain tropical rainforest retailer.

Back
Top Bottom