• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** AMD "Zen" thread (inc AM4/APU discussion) ***

1700X / 6800K
Platform Power Draw (CPU Full Load) The lower the better.
123w / 126.87w
Platform Power Draw (System Standby) The lower the better.
62.77w / 98.74w
Platform Power Draw (Gaming) The lower the better.
154.66w / 194.2w
Platform Power Draw (Office Work) The lower the better.
81.55w / 113.5w
Wouldn't Gaming Power be expected to be less than Full Load Power or has something got lost in translation?

I have re hosted the image
results.jpg

I must say i havent looked forward to a computer product release as much as this for a long time. I only swapped to Intel with the Q6600 and 2600k before that it was always Athlons and Durons.

One thing I am liking about AMD is they are genuinely bringing value to the consumer. They could easily have released these chips at Intel prices considering the performance is there.

Instead they are bringing us top end Intel performance at half the price!

Hopefully they can do the same with Vega!

Don't think so as it would suggest the GPU is only using 30 watt of power compared to full load of CPU alone.

Or more likely that the CPU full load result will be all cores @ 100% load on some synthetic CPU benchmarks with the GPU idling

Whereas on the gaming average result, not all the cores might be used at any one time and certainly wouldn't be all 8 cores @ 100%, which would offset the GPU being used instead

Back
Top Bottom