• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** AMD "Zen" thread (inc AM4/APU discussion) ***

Looking rather impressive for AMD so far tbh!

What i'm really impressed with is World Of Tanks, that's single threaded DX9 game performance, one of several games where Intel have up to this point smashed AMD, by some 60% or something silly....

Minimum FPS 6800K = 105 FPS
Minimum FPS 1700X = 107 FPS (+1.8%)

evens really ^^^^^ but wow, that is AMD looking at where they were weakest and then sorting it! awesome.

What i'm really impressed with is World Of Tanks, that's single threaded DX9 game performance, one of several games where Intel have up to this point smashed AMD, by some 60% or something silly....

evens really ^^^^^ but wow, that is AMD looking at where they were weakest and then sorting it! awesome.

It is looking good, WoT is a very CPU dependent game. This could be the final thing that makes me buy the shiny shiny :)

All i have to say is nice.

At this point, if the results are genuine and representative of the final product, you would think that AMD would lift the NDA early and make a killing in pre-orders.

It is still, thankfully, looking very promising*

*I have a 6700k and won't be buying, but, I really want AMD to bend Intel over after their ridiculous pricing structure for a number of years.

Looking at the benchmarks above the 4770k I have is miles behind, but a full system change from Haswell to Ryzen is going to be about £800 after factoring in CPU, Mobo, RAM, Cooler... quite steep!

CPUz results for 1700X probably overclocked but its beating the 7700k in single and 6950x in multi...
http://valid.x86.fr/bench/rjmzdu/16
dont you think AMD would have shown it's single core bench if it did beat the 7700 during the presentation ?
carefull with the hype, AMD wuld have posted the benchs even if they were a tie, so R7 is lower ipc than 7700, no doubt about it.

At this point, if the results are genuine and representative of the final product, you would think that AMD would lift the NDA early and make a killing in pre-orders.

It is still, thankfully, looking very promising*

*I have a 6700k and won't be buying, but, I really want AMD to bend Intel over after their ridiculous pricing structure for a number of years.

they need to be careful they dont get backlash from benchmarks they didnt put out there...
i duno i just hope its a good launch for them >.<

There is a side of me that is very excited and can not wait to build with these ryzens...and the other side of me that is sniggering to what Intel will have to do to counter.. i really want Intel to suffer ..as we have had to suffer far too long..

dont you think AMD would have shown it's single core bench if it did beat the 7700 during the presentation ?
carefull with the hype, AMD wuld have posted the benchs even if they were a tie, so R7 is lower ipc than 7700, no doubt about it.
Think you are getting confused about IPC and clockspeed.

This is obviously an overclocked 1700 but the 7700K has a massive clock speed advantage for single thread

Wouldn't that be nice.

I'm dying to build a Ryzen rig but I have a 4790k so I'm going to do Vega first, And the cheaper it is the quicker I can go with Ryzen.
a lot of ppl will be doing an overhaul of their PC changing practically the whole system, and a lot of these ppl will change the GPU also, Nvidia will benefit from it, and AMD have to start some serious hyping for Vega in 28feb event, to make ppl wait for vega rather than jumping to Nvdia or the 1080Ti.

The early Zen chips and boards had their clock speed boost and their adaptive thermal firmware disabled, the latter was confirmed by testers and the former by AMD. The 7700k will no doubt beat it in single thread but it may be by a smaller margin than believed.

Back
Top Bottom