• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** AMD "Zen" thread (inc AM4/APU discussion) ***

Soldato
Those of you who have had items dispatched from OcUK today, have you had a dispatch email? My order for a 1700 says "Sent/ready for collection" but no email as yet. Hopefully it's just being slow.
Same here for my bundle (1700 + Asus-X370-Prime, ordered 20mins after preorders started). I'm optimistic :)

Caporegime
Its snoring because its bottlenecked, RavenXXX2 is right, but he is also hyperboling it, its one game and AMD themselves have said some games need optimising, mostly right now game performance is near par with the 7700K, it will only improve.
RavenXXX2 is just being a #####

near par :confused: most games its way behind even some older i5s are beating it. talk about people feeding people nonsense.:p

the ryzen cpus are great value but dont say at gaming they close to the intels.they arent.in some games they 20-30 fps down ! at 1080 for eg thats like going from a 980 to a brand new titan.its not close its a big leap in performance.

Soldato
I'd buy the 6 core now if it existed based on Jokers properly working setup.
Yes RavenXXX2 i know there are higher Frame rate differences in a couple of places in a couple of runs even in that review, i did see that, but with a 1.1Ghz Clock speed advantage to that 7700K i'm not surprised, and its nothing like 200 FPS, its not even close to 100 FPS... stop trolling.

The only thing I'm surprised about is how in most cases in a completely CPU bound 720P actually the 1700 is keeping up with the 7700K despite a 1.1Ghz clock deficit.

I think the drama is really overrated. Even on reviews that are lower than expected, it's still up there and back in competition unless there are the odd freak occurrences. The only reviews that really matter at this point are the best ones, knowing that this performance will be the minimum in a month when the bios revisions settle out. and then potentially more performance with further bios and software etc.

I know it's a bit of a messy launch which could have been delayed by a week but it's still the win we wanted. These CPUs at worst case scenarios still change the CPU market overnight.

Soldato
we need to list a whole host of gaming videos side by side. you cant pick one screenshot in one game and draw a comparison like above, just like you cant say theyre on par... suppose we'll know over the coming weeks
Nah they don't complain why the Tomb Raider is barely a handful FPS faster while working on DX12, when the Ryzen is at DX11.
Nor that someone can do more things on the back of that snoring Ryzen CPU while gaming......
1 game 1 screenshot at 720p is more than enough from humbug and Raven to come in here trolling.

Associate
Nah they don't complain why the Tomb Raider is barely a handful FPS faster while working on DX12, when the Ryzen is at DX11.
Nor that someone can do more things on the back of that snoring Ryzen CPU while gaming......
1 game 1 screenshot at 720p is more than enough from humbug and Raven to come in here trolling.
:D

Soldato
When I get the rest of the kit, I'm going to do a project thread of a fresh build of 1800X, Asus Crosshair, 32GB RAM and 512GB M.2. Using latest W10 Enterprise build. I'll post a reminder here when it's up.

Anywhere in UK good X370 in stock? Mine OCuk order still in progress and I believe it will change sooner than Wednesday :(

No competitor talk allowed here buddy.

Associate
Its snoring because its bottlenecked, RavenXXX2 is right, but he is also hyperboling it, its one game and AMD themselves have said some games need optimising, mostly right now game performance is near par with the 7700K, it will only improve.
RavenXXX2 is just being a #####

I assume this is to do with the core not scheduling correctly / efficiently i read that somewhere think it was the AMD statement

Back
Top Bottom