• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** AMD "Zen" thread (inc AM4/APU discussion) ***

Soldato
If you're primarily gaming and at 1080p I'd definitely hold off on Ryzen until at least the 6c/12t chips come out. By then Windows will be patched to fix the SMT issues and motherboard BIOSs will have matured a lot to improve stability and performance. Better to make a decision at that point.

It does make sense to wait it out. Just wanted to do something this upcoming week as I have the week of work. I'm like a child when I get something in my head lol.

Associate
Soldato
woppy i have the crosshair turning up tomorrow and have 2x16 3200 vengeance going in it. I will let you know if i have any issues. It's such a shame you cant get into the bios because i bet the bios on the crosshairs is the old version.
It's only the2400 that's not on the list, I'm in 2 minds wether to go and buy a cheap stick of ram tomorrow morning or go and buy 18gb of hyperX that is on the list because if that then doesn't work it has to be the board

Associate
Mine wouldnt boot, stupidly I placed the RAM in the wrong slots haha. On my board there is 4 lights indicating CPU, RAM, VGA, Storage, they light up in order and stopped at RAM so I know it was that.

woppys is getting stuck on the last light on his board which is boot.. it goes through cpu memory and gpu but then stays lit up on boot. i cant get why if its a boot issue it won't let him into the bios... although i am very rusty with all this

Associate
It's only the2400 that's not on the list, I'm in 2 minds wether to go and buy a cheap stick of ram tomorrow morning or go and buy 18gb of hyperX that is on the list because if that then doesn't work it has to be the board

Remove all HDD's apart from the OS one see what that does

Associate
@woppy101
On Crosshair some people having problems with Hynix memory. Samsung B is OK. Need to check manufactures to see what chips they are using. Also it seems single sided rather than double sided is better.
I can't point to where I picked up this info have read to many reviews.

Back
Top Bottom