• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** AMD "Zen" thread (inc AM4/APU discussion) ***

Soldato
A lovely surprise was waiting for me when I woke up this morning. My CH6 has bricked. Board lights up but won't even start. I've tried the typical clear cmos, leaving the battery out, power draining and finally another bios flashback with the latest beta bios. I'm honestly at the end of my tether with this board and will just wait for a gigabyte K7. I'm very close to sending it back to OcUK.

Time for work. Rip.

I would definitely send that back. You are not the only one with a bricked crosshair

Soldato
ive always used asus boards but the more im reading the ryzen threads makes me feel i would not touch them with a barge pole, for me the sad part is the crosshair looks fantastic like a work of art

Soldato
ive always used asus boards but the more im reading the ryzen threads makes me feel i would not touch them with a barge pole, for me the sad part is the crosshair looks fantastic like a work of art

Apart from the silly RGB lighting :p, turned that **** off straight away.

My ASUS Crosshair board seems fine on standard BIOS with 2x8GB instead of 2x16GB (i get 1F code, I've put it aside until future BIOS update fixes it). Though i haven't installed Windows yet, but played around with the BIOS and left in running in the BIOS for a couple of hours.

For those who's boards are "bricked". Have you tried removing RAM, GPU etc removing battery and placing back and then booting with 1 DIMM?

Associate
There's loads of people with bricked ch6s on oc.net. If you read the thread It's nearly every page. Defo switch pre order if you've got one. Looks like a total headache. And Rossi sadly all the above does nothing. Once it's bricked It's rma time

Associate
Aye, Rossi. Tried removing everything apart from critical bare min required to post but no joy.

I've put in my ticket with OcUK and also found a gigabyte K7 for £213 with a preorder so I've got that in and can at least pick it up from the shop when it's in stock.

Associate
Hmm every time I read a thread on here at the moment there is another person with a crosshair with an issue :( Getting tempted to change my order and get a different board and a new aio cooler.

Unless that V2 version is real and its why Ocuk can't give me an eta on my board.

Associate
I'm just thankful I had the foresight to get a backup board in the 90 quid range or I'd be without a streaming PC for 1-2 weeks.

I'll echo what most others have said and stay away from the Asus CH6. I think now that the rumours of a V2 already are justified.

Soldato
Hmm every time I read a thread on here at the moment there is another person with a crosshair with an issue :( Getting tempted to change my order and get a different board and a new aio cooler.

Unless that V2 version is real and its why Ocuk can't give me an eta on my board.

psssst k7 :D although still waiting for mine and the response to the High DDR 4 ram stated

Caporegime
Yes a strange one with ECC ..it states with some boards it supports them but there is a * and then states will not run in ECC mode so pointless really ...but have a scout round it may have changed ..

Ryzen supports ECC memory - if the Motherboard has a BIOS option to enable it. It is recommended to confirm with the manufacturer that the Motherboard fully supports ECC.

Permabanned
Crosshair actually working totally fine in our tests lasting q couple of weeks.

With high memory etc not sure what's going on with you guys...
My 2x16GB will not boot above 2442. Tried everything.
V2? That suggests that there is a hardware issue/re-design. I wonder what that will include.
If there is hope current owners will get free replacement....

Associate
Personally never had much luck with Asus boards in the past on AMD chipsets, had no issues at all for Intel though, I've not had any issues with MSI, Gigabyte or Asrock, it's only ever been Asus and AMD together that's caused me any issues, i guess I'm just unfortunate like that.

But until now I've never heard of anyone else having issues with Asus, would assume it's only a bios thing.

Associate
Got a dispatch email from another retail for the Crosshair VI Hero today, no go for the CPU (no stock and no delivery date, even though I pre-ordered) so I pushed an order through OCUK that have stock on the 1800x.

Fingers crossed I finally get everything by the weekend to build the rig. :)

Back
Top Bottom