• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** AMD "Zen" thread (inc AM4/APU discussion) ***

The progress Ryzen has made and the increase in profitability for AMD will probably not be reflected until later on in the financial year. They cant bring out a good product, have good sales and still suffer negatively financially.

It will just take time to filter through to the bottom line.

What is the plan from AMD in laptop space? Seems for desktops and servers they are set but not sure on laptops....

I can't find the link, but there was a famous overclocker on HW forum I think, or overclock.net, one of those.

He had a look at Ryzen's undervolting and efficiency potential on the Samsung 14LPP process, and it was pretty interesting to say the least. He got one of the 8 core R7's to run at 30W, at something like 2.2 GHz.

So we could potentially see 8/16 Laptops from AMD.

I can't find the link, but there was a famous overclocker on HW forum I think, or overclock.net, one of those.

He had a look at Ryzen's undervolting and efficiency potential on the Samsung 14LPP process, and it was pretty interesting to say the least. He got one of the 8 core R7's to run at 30W, at something like 2.2 GHz.

Hoping for a Ryzen/Vega APU in the Surface Pro 6 :D:cool:

The stilt, very knowledgable guy he has detailed breakdowns/voltage scaling/performance of all apu's and recent amd gpu's.
He did the same for kaveri/godaveri and proved a lot if bugs that amd tried to hide.

Not sure if this has been said already, but the AM4 apus to be released on desktop will be Bristol ridge APUs. Probably the ones we already know about. Source: an AMA on Tom's.

We talked about it months ago, to be honest bristol ridge aka carrizo should have been on desktop a year ago. Raven ridge is where we need to see Amd making impact.

Not sure if this has been said already, but the AM4 apus to be released on desktop will be Bristol ridge APUs. Probably the ones we already know about. Source: an AMA on Tom's.
I thought they've been available since last year (OEMs only)?

Not much point getting a non-Zen APU on AM4 tbh.

Damn, I would love to be able to buy in to AMD about mid week next week. Really good time to get in after a market correction following Ryzen. I am confident they are gaining significant share from Intel right now but half way through a quarter they were never going to show a massive shift yet.

Damn, I would love to be able to buy in to AMD about mid week next week. Really good time to get in after a market correction following Ryzen. I am confident they are gaining significant share from Intel right now but half way through a quarter they were never going to show a massive shift yet.

I think there is plenty of users staying put waiting for the architecture and mobos to be running without the issues. Early launch was painfull if you opted for cheaper motherboards.

any dates yet for the supposed update that will help with some of the ram issues for zen? itching to jump on board - got a bench full of shiny new watercooling gear just begging for something to cool!

Just ordered a 1600 and b350m motherboard for the other half, less than what my i7 cost. Looking forward to getting it put in and comparing both systems.

Back
Top Bottom