• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** AMD "Zen" thread (inc AM4/APU discussion) ***

Caporegime
One thing I don't get about the bashing of Silent Scone. The problem did/do exist, so he obviously didn't make it up off his own back.
Whereas people here whom are bashing him constantly post things derived from their own minds.

It doesn't bother me, I've bought my 1700 and I'm very happy with it. Although I really should start running it more than stock.

Soldato
One thing I don't get about the bashing of Silent Scone. The problem did/do exist, so he obviously didn't make it up off his own back.
Whereas people here whom are bashing him constantly post things derived from their own minds.

It doesn't bother me, I've bought my 1700 and I'm very happy with it. Although I really should start running it more than stock.

It is that SS stated that it would never be possible ever with this version of Ryzen and certainly not this side of Xmas. Not that Ryzen wasn't having known issues and everyone else was in denial. I wasn't really bashing but just banter. We all here for a reason and that is enjoying new PC tech.

Soldato
It is that SS stated that it would never be possible ever with this version of Ryzen and certainly not this side of Xmas. Not that Ryzen wasn't having known issues and everyone else was in denial. I wasn't really bashing but just banter. We all here for a reason and that is enjoying new PC tech.
Pretty sure the "this side of Christmas" quote was before 25/12/2016 so technically he was correct. :p

Caporegime

He was overzealous no doubt, but the problem was there, and still is there as it stands

Soldato
He was overzealous no doubt, but the problem was there, and still is there as it stands

Yep, 3200-3500 seems to be the limit for most people. Any higher seems to be like a golden unicorn sample.
Crosshair 6 hero, 4266 gskill rgb, r7 1700 and 3466 is my limit without using bclk.
I think what we are hitting the limits of the IMC now.
Another thing I noticed was that when running my ram at 3200 or more, I needed to drop my CPU overclock from 3.9 to 3.8

Caporegime

At this point its just banter :)

Let the love-hate flow :)

Caporegime
I have to be honest i'm starting to get uncomfortably itchy now...

I have resisted for this long because i have just blown a whole lot of cash on a new GPU and Case and stuff... and my current Intel setup is only just a year old.
But i want all the glorious high performance compute threads Ryzen has, the memory compatibility is getting better by the week, hats off to AMD for getting ontop of it, the reality is this is a brand new platform... its frankly pretty lucky that AMD didn't have more compatibility issues to start with let alone get them sorted out so quickly.

iiiiiiiigggggghhhh *bites nails*

Last edited:
Soldato
I have to be honest i'm starting to get uncomfortably itchy now...

I have resisted for this long because i have just blown a whole lot of cash on a new GPU and Case and stuff... and my current Intel setup is only just a year old.
But i want all the glorious high performance compute threads Ryzen has, the memory compatibility is getting better by the week, hats off to AMD for getting ontop of it, the reality is this is a brand new platform... its frankly pretty lucky that AMD didn't have more compatibility issues to start with let alone get them sorted out so quickly.

iiiiiiiigggggghhhh *bites nails*

If cores are what you want then ryzen offers the best value for money. X299 is around the corner but we all know it won't be cheap!

Back
Top Bottom