• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** AMD "Zen" thread (inc AM4/APU discussion) ***

Associate
Sounds good :) it isn't that it wont work completely but I understand that it just isn't optimised. What that means in real terms is hard to know until you get your test done to see ;)

Exactly.... will be interesting how it compares 7 VS 10 and just how bad is it running a cpu not supported by the OS ...LBH it seems its not even supported fully even in 10 at the moment ....

Associate
When was yours ordered? Trying to see if mine might get despatched! From what they said on the phone they only had 16 ASUS Crosshair mobos coming in.

At the risk of ******* you (understandable so) off more.... I ordered a few hours ago as per whenever I went on about haribo in this thread.

Soldato
Awesome, happy for you, out of curiosity what date/time did your order go through? I still havent got mine in the green and I ordered 22 Feb 21:08.

I ordered 22 Feb 2017 20:15:00. Still nothing for me :(

Overclockers must love me then because mine has just arrived and I only ordered yesterday

If this is the case (dispatch note to verify) then I am quite disappointed.

Associate
I read that they were getting stock in today so I picked Saturday delivery on purpose. Maybe that had something to do with it? Either way, sorry gents. :/
Happy for you, just ****** at the lack of despatch when I pre-ordered in good time.

I hedged my bets and ordered another mobo from somewhere else, might have to order the CPU there too and just run on the B350 motherboard until X370s are in stock.

Permabanned
Just changed my order from the 1800x to the 1700 after reading all the reviews. Saves me money so I'm not complaining.

I'm probably going to wait for a later model like the 1750x, 1870x or whatever they calll the later versions with better silicon that can clock higher, I noticed one or two reviewers calling it an overclocking dud which is a shame, but I also think Ryzens surpassed what I personally was expecting so once they have the memory and smp gaming issues solved it'll be a very strong contender bringing competition to the market.

Looking at the big picture I think AMD have done well.

Soldato
I originally went with Amazon for my 1800x on the 22nd, just for convenience and to get my money's worth from Prime. They teased me all the way to 10pm on the 1st, then just laughed in my face and that green progress bar went all the way back to the start. :( So I burned that preorder and went elsewhere. My 1800x is now on the way and due for a Saturday delivery.

I would've gone OcUK, but they only had the less interesting 1700's in stock.

My B350 mobo arrived on the first, so no problems there. Still a bit annoyed about the stock issues though.

Associate
Very disappointed in ocUK in this case. Those of us who preordered when they went live last week should have had priority over those ordering yesterday and today. The fact I've still not had a dispatch email makes me want to outright cancel my order all together.

Soldato
Very disappointed in ocUK in this case. Those of us who preordered when they went live last week should have had priority over those ordering yesterday and today. The fact I've still not had a dispatch email makes me want to outright cancel my order all together.

I'm with you on the frustration buddy, I'm in the same boat, I ordered at 20:15 on pre-order release day.

But hold on, I mean we don't actually know if people have "jumped the queue" at all yet. I assume not until I see some sort of evidence. I'm sure OCUK are doing their best with the flood of orders.

@Gibbo

Soldato
sorry but just lol

i got a 1700 on order from the river and its still not been dispatched yet :(

Back
Top Bottom