• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** AMD "Zen" thread (inc AM4/APU discussion) ***

Associate
Yeah and with Xbox One running DX12 and a version of Win10, i can imagine Scorpio being similar, so the software side of things is already there pretty much, if the hardware is a fairly similar translation, it will save devs time porting, and aid with optimising.

lets hope so

Not an expert of game development but i am sure the dev kits are pc based tools software is all done on pc
so i would expect it to scale very well if the hardware is similar that being all AMD yes there will be certain tweaks done for the consoles as they squeeze as much out of them they can .

then its just a case of building on the pc and then scaling down to run on the consoles so really one would hope that its ported to the console rather than the other way round.

The extra work i imagine now would be doing extra optimizing for Nvidia and Intel parts..

What i do not want is games that only run on AMD or Intel / Nvidia that is things of nightmares and would make Pc's just like consoles :(

Associate
Anyone know if the 1600X is going to ship with a cooler?

The R7 X models didnt and the 1700 Non X did, are we to assume the same with the R5's? And where is the Wraith Max cooler? Only the Spire has shown up so far the Max is AWOL
from the look of it, stealth is supposed to be for R3, the Spire for 65TDP and the wraith for the 95TDP.
they probably didn't have enough units yet to box it with everything for Rzen's launch, my guess give them couple months, and all of this will be sorted out.

Soldato
from the look of it, stealth is supposed to be for R3, the Spire for 65TDP and the wraith for the 95TDP.
they probably didn't have enough units yet to box it with everything for Rzen's launch, my guess give them couple months, and all of this will be sorted out.

Really hope they catch up for the R5 release if you're right, cant really afford to buy a cooler initially so could do with an OEM cooler being supplied with it

Soldato
AMD said:
We will soon be distributing AGESA point release 1.0.0.4 to our motherboard partners. We expect BIOSes based on this AGESA to start hitting the public in early April, though specific dates will depend on the schedules and QA practices of your motherboard vendor.

BIOSes based on this new code will have four important improvements for you
  1. We have reduced DRAM latency by approximately 6ns. This can result in higher performance for latency-sensitive applications.
  2. We resolved a condition where an unusual FMA3 code sequence could cause a system hang.
  3. We resolved the “overclock sleep bug” where an incorrect CPU frequency could be reported after resuming from S3 sleep.
  4. AMD Ryzen™ Master no longer requires the High-Precision Event Timer (HPET).
We will continue to update you on future AGESA releases when they’re complete, and we’re already working hard to bring you a May release that focuses on overclocked DDR4 memory.

Great stuff.

Associate
Great stuff.

Indeed, but looks like we won't be seeing much improvements on the RAM front until May. If only they could just allow for 1T or 2T command rate I'm sure that would solve most issues! The 1T command rate cannot be mandatory for Ryzen as the default 2133mhz runs at 2T, its only once you change that it forces 1T.

Soldato
Also Windows 10 Creators update rolls out on the 11th April, that bring the "Games Mode" too, which offers a small boost in fps while gaming, good time to be a PC gamer right now, lots of new hardware and features coming

Soldato
Also Windows 10 Creators update rolls out on the 11th April, that bring the "Games Mode" too, which offers a small boost in fps while gaming, good time to be a PC gamer right now, lots of new hardware and features coming

If MS reworked the scheduler or optimized some stuff for Ryzen then things could get even better.

Associate

Indeed a good time for gaming and PC enthusiasts. As well as the Windows updates, Feral Interactive have just released a public beta of the Linux version of Mad Max today that uses Vulkan API and has absolutely huge 100-300%+ performance improvements

https://www.gamingonlinux.com/artic...chmarks-and-opengl-vs-vulkan-comparisons.9345

Back
Top Bottom