• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD's FSR3 possibly next month ?

Finally picked up Cyberpunk again after 3 years post purchase (and never playing it)! Started playing it on RT Ultra with FSR on and getting a steady 60-70 fps @ 1440p.

It’s really a rather good game that I misjudged with all the initial negativity.

FSR 3 support for Cyberpunk anyone?

Doesn't even have the latest version of FSR 2 and the implementation it does have is just hook it in and call it done so we can say we didn't block it......

Last edited:
Doesn't even have the latest version of FSR 2 and the implementation it does have is just hook it in and call it done so we can say we didn't block it......
Just FSR things :cry:

XeSS in Cyberpunk has been implemented very well, although XeSS is superior to FSR anyway. There's a common theme here... They can't even get FSR working effectively on games that are AMD sponsored for starters.

Last edited:

And you're wrong there too.

FSR 2 in cp 2077 is actually one of the better FSR implementations.

Just FSR things :cry:

XeSS in Cyberpunk has been implemented very well, although XeSS is superior to FSR anyway. There's a common theme here... They can't even get FSR working effectively on games that are AMD sponsored for starters.

Exactly.

But amd know what is best for everyone..... :o

I rather they just focus on getting FSR 2 quality consistently good as well as the lower presets being improved than focusing on FSR 3/FG now.

Cyberpunk is on the list of confirmed FSR 3 games, so it'll likely come with the expansion update. Also, the implementation of FSR 2 isn't bad apart from the ghosting behind cars, which was fixed at one point and then broken again with a patch.

Cyberpunk is on the list of confirmed FSR 3 games, so it'll likely come with the expansion update. Also, the implementation of FSR 2 isn't bad apart from the ghosting behind cars, which was fixed at one point and then broken again with a patch.

I don't trust anything RT or upscaling in Cyberpunk, too much Nvidia involvement.....

I don't trust anything RT or upscaling in Cyberpunk, too much Nvidia involvement.....
What don't you trust? The RT is well established, the issue is the denoiser artefact noise and lighting reflection latency, both of which are now completely resolved with Ray Reconstruction :p

This advancement will apply to more than just Cyberpunk too, technically it can apply to any game that has ray tracing.

What don't you trust? The RT is well established, the issue is the denoiser artefact noise and lighting reflection latency, both of which are now completely resolved with Ray Reconstruction :p

This advancement will apply to more than just Cyberpunk too, technically it can apply to any game that has ray tracing.

Have you not seen who you are replying to? :p

CP 2077 should be heralded as the next coming with what CDPR have achieved. No game can touch the visuals let alone how well it performs but sadly the "nvidia" sponsorship blinds people to the technical achievement achieved here.

I'm looking forward to trying out FSR 3 when it arrives in cp 2077 but path tracing will still be a no go given fps is around 45 fps, but with the psycho ray tracing, currently I get 65+ fps so it should work nicely here (assuming FSR 3 is as good as shown....)

Last edited:
Reactions: mrk
So previously I read that FSR 3 will support any GPU, all's good there, now I've read that it will also support any game as well:

Right now, the main limitation of frame generation technology is that the games' developers have to add it. Since Nvidia is the only company offering it right now, exclusive to its latest GPUs, it hasn't been widely adopted. AMD wants to reverse that trend by supporting it on all DirectX 11 and DirectX 12 games. Considering DX11 came out in 2009 and DX12 in 2014, that's pretty much every modern title. The company says it was able to do this by using vector data already in the game to estimate what an inserted frame should look like. In contrast, Nvidia relies on dedicated hardware exclusive to the 40 series to generate frames.

This could be huge providing that IQ and the gains match or beat Frame Generation.

If this pans out well, then the only reason people would get an RTX card is for ray tracing advances like Ray reconstruction from DLSS 3.5 - AMD has no future project to clean up noisy ray ray tracing or improve the light reflection latency currently seen on anything using RTGI or path tracing, so it could well be that the overall image quality sides with Nvdiia, whilst the broader gaming performance sides with AMD if every game using DX11 onwards works with FSR3 on any GPU.

The other thing to keep in mind is how they will tackle the latency that inserted frames brings to the game. Since any game DX11 and up can use it, there won't be Reflex style options in the game to enable, so will be interesting to see what AMD has planned to tackle increased latency.

Last edited:
Have you not seen who you are replying to? :p

CP 2077 should be heralded as the next coming with what CDPR have achieved. No game can touch the visuals let alone how well it performs but sadly the "nvidia" sponsorship blinds people to the technical achievement achieved here.

I'm looking forward to trying out FSR 3 when it arrives in cp 2077 but path tracing will still be a no go given fps is around 45 fps, but with the psycho ray tracing, currently I get 65+ fps so it should work nicely here (assuming FSR 3 is as good as shown....)
I think the issue with CP2077 isn't what it looks like it's just a boring game. In fact I'd say the vast majority of new games are pretty lacklustre, similar to the output of Hollywood. The irony is some of the best games have not been very visually impressive at all.

So previously I read that FSR 3 will support any GPU, all's good there, now I've read that it will also support any game as well:

This could be huge providing that IQ and the gains match or beat Frame Generation.

If this pans out well, then the only reason people would get an RTX card is for ray tracing advances like Ray reconstruction from DLSS 3.5 - AMD has no future project to clean up noisy ray ray tracing or improve the light reflection latency currently seen on anything using RTGI or path tracing, so it could well be that the overall image quality sides with Nvdiia, whilst the broader gaming performance sides with AMD if every game using DX11 onwards works with FSR3 on any GPU.

The other thing to keep in mind is how they will tackle the latency that inserted frames brings to the game. Since any game DX11 and up can use it, there won't be Reflex style options in the game to enable, so will be interesting to see what AMD has planned to tackle increased latency.

Latency will only probably be acceptable on rdna 3 hardware but we'll see:

Additionally, gamers using AMD Radeon™ RX 7000 Series graphics cards can optionally switch on and combine the benefits of our new driver-based AMD Radeon™ Anti-Lag+ technology5 (part of an upcoming update to the AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition™ application) to further lower latency in supported games, which will include FSR 3 games like Forspoken, when frame generation is used. For gamers using AMD Radeon™ RX 6000 series or lower graphics cards when playing an FSR 3 game, they can use Anti-Lag instead, which works in all games.

For all gamers using virtually any hardware, the built-in latency reduction technology in AMD FSR 3 will provide valuable latency reduction when using frame generation, and our in-driver latency reduction solutions are a BONUS for AMD Radeon gamers that stack on top to provide the best experience possible.

I think the issue with CP2077 isn't what it looks like it's just a boring game. In fact I'd say the vast majority of new games are pretty lacklustre, similar to the output of Hollywood. The irony is some of the best games have not been very visually impressive at all.

Each to their own and all that. 180 hours in here and loved it, played on launch on vega 56, was great, played 2 times through with 3080, was great but that world setting was made for me :)

There is a problem with all this stuff on the Nvidia side, they use RT and DLSS as a way to add value, monetary value.

I was just in a conversation with a mate who was looking to replace his ageing 1080Ti, last night when we parted he had decided on the 4080, he's just messaged me this morning saying he has just bought the RX 7900XTX, saying he just couldn't stomach the price of the 4080 and couldn't really workout why it was so expensive.

I'll copy this part of my conversation with him here.

I have a 2070 Super, it was $500, nice card, i like it, but its long in the tooth now, for the same $500 i would get the RTX 4060Ti 16GB, which is 20% faster, no joke, 4 years and 2 generation for the same $500 i get +20%, No! Nvidia No.
That $450 RX 7700XT is again 35% faster than the $500 4060Ti 16GB, for $50 less, its near 60% faster than my 2070 Super, that's a proper upgrade, for $50 less.

I think what Nvidia are doing is selling you very overpriced hardware to get DLSS, and tech jurnoes are unwittingly or not affirming Nvidia in this, this crap with "AMD blocking DLSS in Starfield"
They aren't, that was a Bethesda choice, or just a lack of time to add it 'yet' nothing at all to do with AMD.
It was Nvidia who seeded that and tech jurnoes ran with it, because they are useful idiots!

And they always do this crap while claiming to be on the side of all consumers, yet they know as well as anyone the only people effected by it are those who spend new money on Nvidia's latest's hardware.

They are so far down the Nvidia rabbit hole they behave like rabid Nvidia fanboys with no sense of it what so ever, and its a problem, its a serious problem that needs to be addressed.

Last edited:
^^ at least your friend does some research

I have friends who when they want an upgrade they ask me which Nvidia model to buy; I try mentioning there is AMD as an option and they look at me like I'm nuts
I've come across the same people, probably also think there are only iPhones or Samsung phones! I have had some success though a friend now has the same AMD set-up as me and is very happy with it.

That article does a terrible job of explaining what this actually is - it's an AMD driver feature (i.e. only RDNA cards) that does upscaling and frame generation at a driver level without access to the game's buffers or motion vectors.

FSR upscaling is already available in the drivers (I think it's called AMD Boost) but it's just doing simple 2D spatial upscaling (including the UI) - it's not very pretty (the Steam Deck can do it too and it's a real last-resort thing).

Digital Foundry saw it in action:

"AMD was a little guarded when they showed us the TLOUp1 demo, because it was early and an optical flow-only solution will not match the quality of FSR 3 or DLSS 3 in most content. This is a tech with obvious limitations."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom