• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD's FSR3 possibly next month ?

Soldato
They decided it wasn't worth bothering trying any harder with gpus it seems much to people's apparent dismay.
I think you’re right. With CPUs their whole company was on the line at that time and they had to get it right, with GPUs though they are just not bothered and are happy with low volume so long as the margins are high.

Associate
It will be interesting to try frame generation in games like Total War: Warhammer III.

Should let me run the game at 4K without issues if it works as expected.

Going forward, if developers decide not to make much use of Async compute in games, AMD could stand to gain quite a lot here.

I don't think games running with DX11 can make use of Async compute (unlike DX12 and Vulkan), which in theory would leave all the Async resources for AMD's frame generation tech. So, supporting DX11 games with Hyper-RX seems like a smart move.

If an RX 7900 XT with frame gen enabled can get close to a RTX 4090 (with frame gen disabled), I imagine that could hurt NV's sales... Depending on how well the technology works in terms of quality.
Fine wine will save the day. XTX will get closer to the 4090 (maybe within 20%) I guess by the end of this gen.

OIP.SQLZAZya6kkq2L9oNHhwgAHaEK

Last edited:
Associate
I think you’re right. With CPUs their whole company was on the line at that time and they had to get it right, with GPUs though they are just not bothered and are happy with low volume so long as the margins are high.
I agree with you on that, I wouldn't have upgraded this gen if it wasn't for the fact TLOU broke my 60ti! :cry:

Associate
I don't know why companies like AMD keep on making daft decisions like this?

And it's not just this decision with Starfield either. AMD could have grabbed a decent amount of marketshare if they had priced both the 7900XT and the 7900XTX better, say, £750 and £850 respectively when they launched.

It's almost as if these companies don't want to make money!!! :eek:

Associate
I don't know why companies like AMD keep on making daft decisions like this?

And it's not just this decision with Starfield either. AMD could have grabbed a decent amount of marketshare if they had priced both the 7900XT and the 7900XTX better, say, £750 and £850 respectively when they launched.

Any of us here would have probably made the better marketing decision for AMD lol

Caporegime
You have to remember that AMD also only have so much wafer allocation at TSMC, they don't actually want to SELL that many ie At a cheaper price. They have to find the balance and tbf it looks like they now have after some months (699 XT and 950/1k XTX).

Last edited:
Soldato
So i seen somewhere that unlike DLSS3 FSR3 renders the in game UI on a separate pipeline as to avoid graphical corruption in said UI.

Yes

DLSS3 frame Gen has improved from the first couple games that used it to the UI is better but yea the UI is un-necessarily pushed through the pipeline

Last edited:
Suspended
Yes

DLSS3 frame Gen has improved from the first couple games that used it to the UI is better but yea the UI is un-necessarily pushed through the pipeline

With FSR3 having this separate UI pipeline to avoid corruption people talking about it are bringing up countless examples of it in DLSS3, yeah its very obvious and it looks bad.

What i don't get is how is this the first i've heard about it? With all these mainstream tech jurnoes constantly banging on about DLSS how is it that none of them have reported on this fundamental visual problem with it?

I didn't even know it was a thing until AMD said its a thing and we have a solution for it....

Last edited:
Soldato
With FSR3 having this separate UI pipeline to avoid corruption people talking about it are bringing up countless examples of it in DLSS3, yeah its very obvious and it looks bad.

What i don't get is how is this the first i've heard about it? With all these mainstream tech jurnoes constantly banging on about DLSS how is it that none of them have reported on this fundamental visual problem with it?

I didn't even know it was a thing until AMD said its a thing and we have a solution for it....

I'm pretty sure Digital Foundry showed the issue in Hogwarts Legacy

Soldato

I can't remember which video it was now, and I don't currently have time to try and find it but see if you can. I can tell you from my own experience that with frame generation on in that game, in specific scenario, such as when running through tall grass, the UI at the bottom of the screen would start partially getting covered in black dots until the camera stopped moving or I walked out of the tall grass, something about foliage behind the UI in that game would trigger the UI issues. But that's the worst example I've personally seen, other games don't have that - I recently played Remnant 2 with frame generation on and the UI was rock solid stable

Associate
Finally picked up Cyberpunk again after 3 years post purchase (and never playing it)! Started playing it on RT Ultra with FSR on and getting a steady 60-70 fps @ 1440p.

It’s really a rather good game that I misjudged with all the initial negativity.

FSR 3 support for Cyberpunk anyone?

Back
Top Bottom