• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD's FSR3 possibly next month ?

Soldato
Someone has leaked performance figures and gameplay videos:

Cant change the post title, so basically this leak post is in 2 parts, the first part is from a reviewer who has 30-40+ hours in the game. Second part will be gameplay videos uploaded soon from u/coheedme
Leaker 1: Reviewer
Just chatted to someone who is on PC, news on performance.

PC Settings Menu: https://files.catbox.moe/lxyhyt.jpeg

Leaker reports they are running 3800x/2080ti @ 1440p on the above high settings.

He gets 45-60 fps most of the time, 60-70 fps in dungeons and space.

He says:

Performance

performance is smooth tho imo, haven't touched settigns too much. no stutters as well.

game is pretty good, goty nominee for sure

also the tile thing is correct but it's not a big deal, people blowing it out of proportion

btw people are freaking out about the render slider but it's like that because of dynamic res. image quality is great

also FSR3 isn't in the game, and the image quality with on looks good

General Thoughts on Game
Also note that this leaker is the only one I have encountered that had access to the game since review codes went out, so he probably has 30-40+ hours in the game. He says he hasnt played oblivion/morrowind, but the game is deeper than fallout 4/skyrim in rpg mechanics, and is easily a 9.5 or a 10. So good news for the starfield hypers out there.

nah i'd be surprised if it's not in the high 80s or 90s. bethesda cooked with this one

space part is great, but again i think expectations were though the roof. if you liked what you saw in the direct and enjoyed past bethesda games idk why you'd be worried.

subreddit has been overhyping on some areas. the majority will be very happy imo, it's a great game. the sheer number of options and freedom to create your own path is fantastic

Welp, I guess then I am not hitting 60 fps 1440p with my 12100f/6700XT?

Also gonna upload extensive combat footage tomorrow

Links to gameplay videos in the post. No FSR3 also! :cry:

Last edited:
Associate
Another Marketing Disaster? :cry:

Maybe it will appear later on?
You'd think if it was planned to have FSR3 it'd be on the list of upcoming games :(

AMD-FSR-3-Gamescom-blog-upcoming-games.jpg

Soldato
It will be interesting to try frame generation in games like Total War: Warhammer III.

Should let me run the game at 4K without issues if it works as expected.

Going forward, if developers decide not to make much use of Async compute in games, AMD could stand to gain quite a lot here.

I don't think games running with DX11 can make use of Async compute (unlike DX12 and Vulkan), which in theory would leave all the Async resources for AMD's frame generation tech. So, supporting DX11 games with Hyper-RX seems like a smart move.

If an RX 7900 XT with frame gen enabled can get close to a RTX 4090 (with frame gen disabled), I imagine that could hurt NV's sales... Depending on how well the technology works in terms of quality.

Last edited:
Associate
Typical AMDip I'm afraid, big missed opportunity there as per.

Does it really matter?

They don't include FSR3 "AMD Sucks can't even include it in their own games"
They include FSR3 "OMG AMD Sucks they have to buy features"

People just want AMD to fail so Nvidia have a absolute monopoly on the belief that once they have helped install Nvidia as the worlds overlord they will be able to share in their riches.

The reality is over the last few years when it comes to AMDs GPU division it DOESN'T matter what they do, anything they do is wrong, if they gave the 7900xtx for £250 people would still be complaining.

Well... i say that, they do like a shotgun to their own foot a lot of the time lol

Last edited:
Associate
Does it really matter?

They don't include FSR3 "AMD Sucks can't even include it in their own games"
They include FSR3 "OMG AMD Sucks they have to buy features"

People just want AMD to fail so Nvidia have a absolute monopoly on the belief that once they have helped install Nvidia as the worlds overlord they will be able to share in their riches.

The reality is over the last few years when it comes to AMDs GPU division it DOESN'T matter what they do, anything they do is wrong, if they gave the 7900xtx for £250 people would still be complaining.

Well... i say that, they do like a shotgun to their own foot a lot of the time lol
The 7800XT thread is full of these sorts! :D

Back
Top Bottom