US: American Gods - Starts May 1st Amazon / Starz (Wheres the post?)

Soldato
Sorry i missed that how did he?

Shadow took his turn then the Russian(?) went into the hammer talk. When he finished it was shadows turn again. Then when the bet was struck shadow doubled his turn again. Unless it was bad editing.

v0n

v0n

Soldato
It still seems to be beautifully shot, incredibly well graded aimless drivel. Nobody is telling us what's going on. We witness the effect but the story's pretty but devoid from reason and cause.

Permabanned
I can't yet tell whether this show is genius or just a load of nonsensical, pretentious drivel.

I'm a Twin Peaks fan, so I can get on board with all the cryptic imagery. But I feel the writing is a little shoddy in places. I'm happy to stick with it so I guess that's a good sign :)

Associate
The scene with Anansi was incredible, and Czernobog is terrifying. Really enjoying this so far and can't wait for some other favourite characters to appear.

Soldato
Aye. It's glitzy and somewhat profound, however I'm not sure televised is the best way to present the story. The 7 day wait between episodes doesn't help! Perhaps I should read the book.

Soldato
A friend of my Sisters has one of those Sphynx cats. It's cute as hell, very loving and very vocal, but by God is it creepy at times. You don't see it for a while and then he just appears in your peripheral vision just sitting there staring at you for ages, I swear it's trying to rip into your soul to see if it's worthy of reaping. ****** blends into the furnishings too.

Permabanned
Ep. 3 has pretty much convinced me too keep watching now. It really is utterly compelling in all the right ways.

Got a vague idea of where it's going, though I'm prepared to be proved wrong.

Associate
I'll probably give this a go, purely for Ian McShane, he's generally awesome these days. I can't understand the love for the book, I found it very tedious.

Soldato
Best thing on TV at the moment. It's rare i'm gripped from start to finish, but that's been the case with every episode so far. And yes, Ian McShane is good in this.

Back
Top Bottom