US: American Gods - Starts May 1st Amazon / Starz (Wheres the post?)

Associate
Better than the book for Laura. You don't get much bar Shadows view of her and it is slowly drip fed (everything in the book is) Was a smart move I think to give her the whole episode. Whole back story via flashbacks then up to her current state. They have changed how we learn about the Egyptian gods but in a good way.

Soldato
4th episode is the first I have really enjoyed and definitely want to see more after that. You know the show is a bit weird when that episode was the least weird :D.

Also Emily Browning :o.

Soldato
Loved how she just took it all in her stride, even how she was just nonchalantly carrying her arm around with her. And that scene in her friend's house was pure class. "I just needed craft materials". :D

Oh yeah, like above. Emily Browning. 2HCzozO.gif

Soldato
That whole scene was awesome. When Audrey walks in and Shes like "Oh hi" :D, then theres a slight wtf pause before she goes mental. Then the bathroom bit...

Really looking forward to the next episode now, i wasnt feeling it at all for the first 3 but glad i persevered.

Caporegime
That's two huge dongs they've shown so far and apparently Fuller wanted to make that scene even more full on but they wouldn't allow him due to the complaints even this version pulled in.

Makes me laugh no one had a problem with a god sucking people up between her legs but two guys having sex oh how dare they show this!

2 big ones? when was the first? i only caught the guy with the eyes on fire

Permabanned
Best episode yet imo! If I had to fault the show at all, it would be in the character development thus far but ep. 4 proved that they're able to write great character arcs (even if it was only within the space of an hour).

Really, really loving it. Can't wait to see where it all goes!

Soldato
Starting to come together and make a little more sense at least! So, it’s literally about new vs old GODS and control, with control and their existence based on the amount of belief placed by the populace to these GODS.

Man of Honour
Think it leans too hard on certain elements so as not to fall flat on its face but there are some great lines, well delivered, I will give it that.

Permabanned
Man, it just keeps getting better are better!

Crispin Glover as Mr World is just a fantastic piece of casting!

All starting to come together really well.

Soldato
quite a nice and weird episode but didn't like the bowie dress up scene.seemed cheap.
Aye; I enjoyed the Lucille Ball as a set-up in the previous episode but then with Marilyn and then David? Felt contrived. Suspect Gillian will be banging out a few more impressions before the season is over.

Man of Honour
The premise is relatively simple despite the elaborate unfolding of it - old gods versus new gods - all of whom depending on people believing on them for their power some of which are more content to slide into obscurity and lose their power than others.

v0n

v0n

Soldato
The premise is relatively simple despite the elaborate unfolding of it - old gods versus new gods - all of whom depending on people believing on them for their power some of which are more content to slide into obscurity and lose their power than others.

When was that premise revealed on screen though? I appreciate visuals of this show and artistic license, but my problem, from the very first seconds of it up to now, is that they still didn't deliver the premise. I can ask forum for the premise, google the premise, read the book for premise, but that's not the point - this show is made as if there was a pilot to it and they forgot to air it - without delivering premise we just follow this weird construct where apparently all the characters are deeply involved in something we know nothing about. And it looks like we'll be doing it all the way to cancelation.

Back
Top Bottom