American Truck Simulator

hi how do you buy a peterbuild truck as the only ones for sale are the kenworth,do you have to travel to the towns like reno and bakersfield,as I have been to those towns and am still unable to buy a perterbuild.thanks

hi how do you buy a peterbuild truck as the only ones for sale are the kenworth,do you have to travel to the towns like reno and bakersfield,as I have been to those towns and am still unable to buy a perterbuild.thanks

Once you discover a Peterbuild dealer, you'll be able to buy one.
Sleeper cabs on the other hand from either dealer are from level 10. Daily cabs are lower and quite affordable. But I'm waiting to get to level 10, not far to go now.:D

You need to 'discover' a Peterbuild truck dealer before you can buy one. There is a list of dealership locations in the OP.

On the map you will see a ? same for the Recruitment Agencies.

See here http://i.imgur.com/LleeaAY.jpg

Last edited:
Once you discover a Peterbuild dealer, you'll be able to buy one.
Sleeper cabs on the other hand from either dealer are from level 10. Daily cabs are lower and quite affordable. But I'm waiting to get to level 10, not far to go now.:D

hi I'm not far off level 10 myself (one more trip)if I get the sleeper cabs can I pull over and use it instead of the rest area's

after the state has finished fining you the road will probably finnish you off (railroad crossings)

Not so much speed limits. A few times I would take off in traffic and run a red light because I couldn't get up to speed quick enough and then subsequently unable to stop. Also as I said before I loaded into the game at my garage and drive forward into the garage and got done for not having lights on.

If you buy the disc you dont need steam though?

Disc version gives you a key to activate on Steam.

Release platforms/DRM

The game is released for Windows, Mac OSX and Linux. It will require Valve's Steam platform to install and activate. Whether you buy it directly there, or purchase an activation key from the official game website, find it in a box from a bricks-and-mortar store, or get it from any other digital channel, you will always be getting a Steam key.

We know that not everybody is comfortable with the decision, but for us the benefits are very clear. We will be able to concentrate on improving the game itself, and will not have to lose time and focus maintaining an alternate update and account infrastructure. With Steam, pushing out an update of the game is a matter of one button press. We can take advantage of Steam Workshop to have a central repository of mods, and will not have to create and moderate our own alternate solution. We would really have a hard time having to create our own system to sell, deliver and update game DLCs with equal robustness to Steam's proven infrastructure. We hope that you will understand why we are making this choice.

hi I'm not far off level 10 myself (one more trip)if I get the sleeper cabs can I pull over and use it instead of the rest area's

Always have to stop in a rest area, with or without sleeper. Only difference is, you have somewhere more comfy to sleep. ;)

whats the prefered method of steering for this game, i do not own a wheel so am trying with a joystick and it seems far too sensitive and all over the place :)

That was great in 18 wheels of steel, pull over in the nearest lay-by and snooze.

That would be better if it were done like that in this. I think there are some areas done like that in ATS, but they're still classed as rest areas. Be nice to have an option to 'rest here' sort of thing. I.e. anywhere out of the way.

Back
Top Bottom