American Truck Simulator

Associate
More update. Still really enjoying the game, but need more maps. Can pretty much go anywhere to anywhere now without using SATNAV. The EDtracker works again after a re-flash, driver reload and decent calibration. I still get 'Opentrack has stopped working' if I try to use it with the EDtracker. Built myself a DIY LED clip using a plastic coat-hanger, some filed down IR LED's from Maplin, 2 AA bateries and 3x 100 Ohm resistors. In conjunction with the IR modified PS3 eye camera, this works extremely well. Using Opentrack after some minor setup problems. The Accela filter smooths out the head movement really well. The filed down LED's still don't allow 100% of the head movement that I used to get with TrackIR, so some wide angle IR LED's are on the way from RS components. Then I'll build a Mk2 clip.

I still have issues with the 2 toggles for manual gear shifting. Ideally I'd like to put them on the Logitech G920 shifter. After some thinking, I've got another Arduino board coming and would like to 3D print a replacement gear knob for the shifter that has room for 2 buttons for thumb and forefinger. Just need to find someone with a printer locally ....

Caporegime
Thanks for the tips. I have been trying to go slowly and line things up but every time I need to pull forward, it seems to either reset all my progress (trailer goes back where it was when i started!) or jackknife the truck :/

I use the outside cameras for parking up. Maybe I should try from in the cab though and like you say use the 'better' side. I would imagine this makes things harder but who knows.

Yep I've watched that and several others, including real life trucks! I completely understand the process, it's actually doing it I struggle with!

If it's any consolation, I find reversing a real artic much easier than doing it in GTA V or ETS2! :o

Associate
G27 steering wheel driving is a god send and super fast, parking on the other hand drives me nuts, just cant do it, my bro helped me by saying left/right hand down, but i cant do it on my own.
360 pad parking was/is pop tho, strange really but this was from the outside view so maybe thats a thing and will have to practice using the wing mirrors but thats even harder.

Associate
Once you logged into multiplayer you just have to fast travel somewhere (base maybe) to get the jobs back then you are good to go, if the jobs dont show up again, just fast travel somewhere else :)

Associate
patch 1.2.1 released into the wild. Usual issues with MOD incompatibility. Finally modified my Logitech G920 shifter with two toggle buttons on the stick. Because the game works with multiple controllers, I ran a short cable out of the back of my xbox360 controller via a din plug to a socket Installed on the shifter. So the buttons are duplicating two buttons from the xbox controller. Then ran an internal cable up to a small box fitted to the top of the original shifter knob with 2 buttons from Maplins. Makes a huge difference to the level of immersion now that I no longer fumble around the wheel to use the splitter(s). I can just unplug it when not playing ATS or if I want to actually use the controller like in Farming sim or something.

Last edited:
Soldato
Loving this game almost as much as ETS2, I've bought a T150 to use with it and it's a hell of a lot better, before with the keyboard it was difficult to make those minor adjustments now I can cruise along for hours.

Got a W900 with the 650hp caterpillar engine, managed to get up to 101 mph

Soldato
Really looking forward to the Arizona add-on (guess it's taking longer as it's the last of the free ones), anybody else having issues with the AI, they are constantly crashing into me and I've had to turn off the fines as I kept getting charged when some dick pulls out in front of me on a red light.

Soldato
Also completed the Powell Trail achievement, this also includes an area 'off map'

Also how often do you guys replace you trucks I now have 3 that are approaching 200k

Back
Top Bottom