AMG out, GT-R in!

Soldato
OP
Soldato
Why not? Never give in mate ;)

Personally I don't look at cars outside my budget too often but doesn't mean you can't save up and revisit
well unless a lottery i never play makes a mistake or some rich relative i never knew about dies, i don't have the money. i possibly sould, but the place i work for is a bunch of **** and if i want to change contracts for more wages i lose a shedload of pension rights etc. also, there's a world of difference between being able to afford ~ and run/insure etc ~ a car like that, and being able to SENSIBLY afford it. i could probably scrape the cash together for a decent 2nd hand one, but if i had that sort of money there's other things it should be spent on.

Last edited:
Associate
well unless a lottery i never play makes a mistake or some rich relative i never knew about dies, i don't have the money. i possibly sould, but the place i work for is a bunch of **** and if i want to change contracts for more wages i lose a shedload of pension rights etc. also, there's a world of difference between being able to afford ~ and run/insure etc ~ a car like that, and being able to SENSIBLY afford it. i could probably scrape the cash together for a decent 2nd hand one, but if i had that sort of money there's other things it should be spent on.

The world moves on. Wouldn't say live like an a idiot and not plan for the future, but there is a compromise.

And there is always progress, I was able to make substantial changes in my salary by thinking outside the box, and will be doing so again soon. More stressful but has the obvious upsides.

Soldato
OP
she's gorgeous. i think the GT-R is my dream car at the mo, not that i ever have a hope of affording one :(

Well, you never know how things will pan out. I hadn't considered one as a serious option until more recently - always thought of it as a bit unrealistic/impractical and couldn't justify that sort of thing given other priorities. But things change and here we are a few years later :)

Amazingly stunning motor you have :cool:

I see you are in Hertfordshire can I have a ride :D

Hi fellow Herts person! If you see me about, give me a wave lol.

Nice, looks like it has had a decent paint correction as well. Have seen some stock ones up close and the finish is pants, that looks gorgeous.

Yup, it has had paint correction + machine polish and it really does make a difference to the paintwork! Also has PPF applied to the whole front end.

That is really nice. Must be brutal with that much power!

It's easily quicker than anything I've ever driven or been a passenger in. I'm still getting used to it though so don't think I've realised it's full potential yet with my feather light right foot :p I can't imagine what some of the other builds are like running even bigger numbers :eek:

Associate
They accelerate with ease dont they, i had a Subaru Impreza STi pre the GTR, the difference is night and day.

The way the road disappears is shocking, the levels of grip are amazing.

My GTR showing a Focus ST the way forward LOL

Soldato
OP
It's way too easy to get to silly speeds without even realising - also its the first car I've had which is AWD so the level of grip and handling is new to me too.

What are you running in that vid?

Back
Top Bottom