AMG out, GT-R in!

Associate
It's way too easy to get to silly speeds without even realising - also its the first car I've had which is AWD so the level of grip and handling is new to me too.

What are you running in that vid?

It's currently a Litchfield stage 4. Dyno at Litchfield 640bhp 584 torque. That was no launch either.
I haven't launched it yet.

Associate
My main worry would be affording to run one after seeing some the huge bills these cars can kick up :mad:

Yes very wise to consider that and the services don’t come cheap! Just had my 36 month fluids service - £800

Tyres will cost you around £300 each and around the same for a decent set of brake pads. You dont even want to know about brake discs!

But if you can manage the costs, they’re incredible cars

Man of Honour
How much is it to replace all 4 discs and pads I asked?

23729093818_24c2794b58_h.jpg

"Ermmm, I'd just sell it" was the advice. :D

Soldato
Yes very wise to consider that and the services don’t come cheap! Just had my 36 month fluids service - £800

Tyres will cost you around £300 each and around the same for a decent set of brake pads. You dont even want to know about brake discs!

But if you can manage the costs, they’re incredible cars

I'd say £800 for a 3 year service isn't bad at all. Sure, it's not the same price as a Ford Fiesta, but neither is the performance level.

OcUK Staff
I was expecting your andi R8 brake pads & discs to cost roughly the same but after looking around you can get R8 pads & discs for about half the price compared to the GT-R R35

Not ceramics like Housey has.
On my 911 the ceramic disc were nearly 5-6k for a pair, was not pleasant times when I needed a new front set of ceramics on that car.

Man of Honour
:eek:

That's ridiculous, never understood why consumable parts such as brakes are so expensive on these type of cars, surely they mass produce these parts?

Look it will come with fast car tax, but ceramic brakes are a much more expensive manufacturing process to steel brakes and are not made at scale.

Back
Top Bottom