1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, we are running a Photoshop competition with a 32" monitor as the first prize - See here for details.

Analogue Mega Sg

Discussion in 'Retro Gaming and Vintage Computing' started by Housey, Oct 18, 2018.

1. mcdermotx

Gangster

Sounds like you may not have updated the firmware beyond the initial ship revision.
    Saw a vid with some Youtuber giving out about how none of his Master System games were working, until it was pointed out to him that he never updated his firmware (was missing Ultracore on his main screen as well).

Latest official is 4.3
    https://support.analogue.co/hc/en-us/articles/360024836892-Mega-Sg-Firmware-Update-v4-3

Though I think the Jailbreak one is up to that rev as well.

2. mattf

Gangster

Thanks have to get an SD card now!

3. kinger8938

Sgarrista

So jealous ;). How long would you say delivery took from point of ordering to the knock at your doors?

£240ish seems a lot just to replay lion king on a modern TV ;)

Theres much more I'd play, joking aside.

4. mattf

Gangster

it took about 3-4 days to arrive. My Master system adapter seems broken. I installed the new firmware from smokemonster, that works nicely.

5. kinger8938

Sgarrista

Wow that's an impressive turn around imo. Hope you sort the master system issue

6. superbuff84

Associate

Sorry guys, quick question.

I also live in the UK, and was wondering does every model work over here, straight out the box? or do I need a converter for the plug socket? Couldn't find anything on their website.

7. mcdermotx

Gangster

Unfortunate mate. Definitely worth getting onto them about that. They may just post another out to you.
    I assume Ultracore showed up on the menu in the end after the update ?

You'll just need a USB power adapter or run it off a 5v USB socket on a power strip. Not in front of me right now, but just a standard one as they come with a US style adapter by default. At this point, everyone has them lying about the house !
    US, Euro, JAP styles are just colour differences.

8. superbuff84

Associate

Excellent, thank you my friend. Gonna bite the bullet and order one today.

9. mattf

Gangster

10. kinger8938

Sgarrista

Thanks for asking, these were questions I had too!

What style are you going for? The Japanese colours look most appealing to me I think

11. superbuff84

Associate

Japanese for sure. Not feeling it with the white model, just doesn't seem right? Each to their own I guess.

Delivery says 2-3 weeks, was hoping to get it in time for my Birthday next week.

12. mattf

Gangster

Got the adapter to work, finally.

13. mattf

Gangster

Mine arrived super quick so good luck. Well pleased with Japanese look