1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

And Lewis Hamilton matches Michael Schumacher's 7 titles!

Discussion in 'Motorsport' started by Merlin5, Nov 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greboth

Mobster

While far from a foregone conclusion, Hamilton has to be the favourite going in to 2020.

2021 onwards is where things will be more interesting but with Mercedes resources it's hard to rule them out.

2. Terminal_Boy

Sgarrista

Harsh, but fair.

If Mercedes have a competitive car in 2021, you’d be mad to bet against Hamilton being a regular podium visitor.

Ferrari need to fix their strategy and pit crew failings as they’ve cost themselves 2-3 potential victories this season.

Redbull just need a car that doesn’t give up 10-15 kph top speed to everyone else. This must be one of Verstappen’s key frustrations this year and fixing it will calm him down nicely. Albon will continue to be a good wingman/#2 driver as he’s secured his seat as far as I can see.

3. an0nym0us

Wise Guy

I really hope Hamilton surpasses the record. In my opinion, the biggest thing that taints Schumacher's record is that he seemed like he purposefully crashed into championship rivals in order to prevent them from scoring points. I don't think I've ever seen a hint of these types of actions from Hamilton.

4. KiNgPiN83

Mobster

When he took Hill out on purpose all those years ago it tainted him to many many English fans. There’s no doubt he was a great driver but the win at any cost was a bit much...

5. JRS

Capodecina

The Hill clash was way less egregious than the Villeneuve one in '97.

Every driver in vaguely recent history would have gone for the gap as Hill did (with the possible exception of Prost), and every one of those drivers including Prost would have turned in as Schumacher did.

Jerez '97...Schumacher deserved to lose that one simply for how ineptly he tried to take JV out ;)

6. EVH

Don

I'm going to lock this thread until the 2020 season, there is a lot of overlap with the 6 WDC thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.