And Lewis Hamilton matches Michael Schumacher's 7 titles!

Associate
That's his key now, his consistency.

Like Vettel, I don't think Hamilton is quite as at home now as he was with the relatively small and light V8s, and doesn't have quite the same explosive pace he once had, however, largely unlike Vettel, Hamilton has found a consistency which goes a long way to more than make up for it when it counts. He's not too different to how Alonso was throughout his career - fast enough, but mostly relentless and supremely consistent.

I'm not convinced, his 1 lap pace in qualifying is still amazing. I suspect its because he's much more wise now to playing the championship game.

Look Max and Lewis against Perez at the weekend. One span as he was impatient and the other was more patient and methodical and got the job done. Think Verstappen will have to learn this before he wins a title.

Soldato
I rated Rosberg highly before he moved to Mercedes but even then he managed to up his game an awful lot when Hamilton joined, and I think it surprised people that he challenged and beat Hamilton as regularly as he did.

I have doubts a returning Schumacher could have matched Rosberg, but if anyone could have upped their game if a title was up for grabs then I can think of few people who would be better suited than Schumacher.

He was never going to be as good as the Schumacher of old, but it would have been interesting to see just how resilient he could get with the new era - in terms of driving style it was after all a reset for all of the drivers, not just Schumacher.

Rosberg grew up with him and knows how to beat him. The short version is he winds him up before the race to ruin his focus lol

Associate
Rosberg grew up with him and knows how to beat him. The short version is he winds him up before the race to ruin his focus lol

I really don't think this is true, if it were then Rosberg wouldn't have needed the stars to align for him to win a season. The fact is that Rosberg was very quick, especially in qualifying. He maybe lacked a bit wheel to wheel but that doesn't matter too much when your car is so dominant that a minimum of second place is almost certain barring failures.

Soldato
Why hasn't jonathon rea been mentioned of getting knighted?

he’s just won his 6th world superbike title in a row and he's not a hypocrite who takes sponsorship from the very people he protests about

oh and he lives in gb and pays taxes

Soldato
if everything is all ok, what is there to discuss?

Back
Top Bottom