ANNO 1800

Soldato
Been waiting for this to drop in price as its far to expensive even for just the base game imo (though it is a really good game i just begrudge paying so much when its getting to be a year old), however i've just seen the game and season pack 1 for a ~tenner each on gamersgate, very tempted.
Or do i just reignite uplay pass and continue with this and also play the new Assassins creed alongside it. choice choices!

little interests in the later season packs, i suspect i will be well and truly done with it after S1 having already spent far to long playing it :D

Associate
Been waiting for this to drop in price as its far to expensive even for just the base game imo (though it is a really good game i just begrudge paying so much when its getting to be a year old), however i've just seen the game and season pack 1 for a ~tenner each on gamersgate, very tempted.
Or do i just reignite uplay pass and continue with this and also play the new Assassins creed alongside it. choice choices!

little interests in the later season packs, i suspect i will be well and truly done with it after S1 having already spent far to long playing it :D

While I know you said you have little interest in the later packs, the Complete (lol) Edition is ~£24 on gamersgate.

Man of Honour
One of the best things about Anno 1800 is that its utterly awesome in co-op , with the players playing as the same faction. Really does help sharing the workload when you have colonies on 4 different regions

Associate
thanks, i didn't see that one! Thats a bit more palliative. Bit of a **** take from the devs if there not gonna include s3 in the complete season. kinda undermines the whole point of them.

Yep. They did it for 2205 too, when season passes kinda still meant all the DLCs for a game, they decided to leave out one of the DLCs which caused some uproar and they caved in the end. Can't see that happening this time though. I expect games will have to come with a "Complete Edition, Honest" version now since we've rewritten what complete means. (though tbh, it wasn't complete regardless).

Associate
Picked up the base game direct from Ubisoft for £16.50 which I thought was reasonable considering the list price. Absolutely love it, brings back memories of playing AoE II into the night and being knackered for school the next day. My son is less than impressed that i've highjacked his PC to play it as its the only machine quick enough.

Associate
Picked up the base game direct from Ubisoft for £16.50 which I thought was reasonable considering the list price. Absolutely love it, brings back memories of playing AoE II into the night and being knackered for school the next day. My son is less than impressed that i've highjacked his PC to play it as its the only machine quick enough.
Have a look on isthereanydeal.com for future purchases, would have saved you five quid. Or for ~£8 more you could have got the complete edition :)

Associate
Hi,
I downloaded and started to play this a little over 3 weeks ago. I have had nothing but problems with crashes..

I have seen from online that this is quite a common theme with this game.. but I was running it fine for hours today and now everytime I try and create a new trade route on my second island it crashes.. I have tried using dx11 , still doing same.. just about to re install it and see if it solves issue.

Anyone else had same kind of issues and know of a fix?

Thanks

David

Soldato
Hi,
I downloaded and started to play this a little over 3 weeks ago. I have had nothing but problems with crashes..

I have seen from online that this is quite a common theme with this game.. but I was running it fine for hours today and now everytime I try and create a new trade route on my second island it crashes.. I have tried using dx11 , still doing same.. just about to re install it and see if it solves issue.

Thanks

David

Standard questions really; are you overclocked and if so, do you get crashes when not overclocked? Have you reinstalled? Is this base game or with expansions enabled?

I bought it a few weeks ago and have about 25 hours without a single crash so far.

Associate
Nope no oc. Running with a 3600x , rtx3070 , 32gb ram.

Currently reinstalling through the client now.. but thought I'd ask.

I did have settings set for 144hz for the monitor I'm using, I have seen one thread elsewhere saying it possibly will not support this..

Will also try lowering all the settings, but just seemed strange for it to keep crashing at the same task. ( adding trade route )

Soldato
Nope no oc. Running with a 3600x , rtx3070 , 32gb ram.

Currently reinstalling through the client now.. but thought I'd ask.

I did have settings set for 144hz for the monitor I'm using, I have seen one thread elsewhere saying it possibly will not support this..

Will also try lowering all the settings, but just seemed strange for it to keep crashing at the same task. ( adding trade route )

If it helps I am running at 100hz and I have no issues with that.

Do you have anything else running in the background at all? It is oddly specific though that it is only with trading. Are you using your own ships or hired ships to do this?

Associate
Even after a fresh install it did it again.. managed to set one route up, then crashed on the second. It was with ships I built myself.. up until this I had 8hours played on this specific save without any issues.

Its very odd, maybe I need to start over and see if it happens again

Nothing in the background. Its fresh install of Windows 10 with just the hardware support programs installed

Soldato
Even after a fresh install it did it again.. managed to set one route up, then crashed on the second. It was with ships I built myself.. up until this I had 8hours played on this specific save without any issues.

Nothing in the background. Its fresh install of Windows 10 with just the hardware support programs installed

It's very strange, I've had nearly 60 hours and not a single issue.

Soldato

Start a new game, just you in the game and no other player, and start with a fleet of ships. Just build two harbours with your starting goods and setup two trade routes - does that crash?

Man of Honour
Hi,

Thanks

David

Thats unfortunate, sadly I've got nothing to suggest, the missus and I have over 500 combined hours on the game, both single and co-op, unless my memory defies me I dont think either of us has had a single crash.

Back
Top Bottom