ANNO 1800

Soldato
Putting my 2x16GB sticks of memory into my system this game now uses close to 15GB of memory, nothing else running as such.....

Anno-18002022-4-26-10-48-32.jpg

that is with an old save that has made little progress. Not sure if the RAM usage scales with games progress much.

I reckon that 16GB of RAM is the sweet spot for the games that I typically play, including anything else open on my second monitor whilst they are running "windowed" Fullscreen on the primary.
There are some that will use more, this being one of them. Cities Skylines also is another, but that was more due to a large amount of assets being used, rather than the base game.
Even tho this game seems to utilise larger amounts of memory I don't know of any performance gains, altho I've not played it much. Then again it isn't the sort of game where that will be as noticeable as some others.

Soldato
We’ll have to agree to disagree. 32GB gives you plenty of leeway if you, like most, have apps like chrome, Spotify at the same time or are streaming your gameplay.

That's not gaming related though, that's browsing and streaming increasing the load etc. So for gaming it's still not the standard requirement, or close to it really.

Soldato
Yeh, 16GB is still the sweet spot at the moment, for gaming.

However, when I built a new PC a few months ago, I was always going to get 32GB, and would recommend it as a minimum for anybody buying/building a new system today.

Soldato
I'm definitely upgrading to 32GB when I upgrade my CPU in the next few months, but except in extreme cases 16GB is still absolutely fine. But, I'd agree with the above post, I would definitely start a new build with 32GB.

Soldato
A most impressive time lapse build of a mega city....

watching one or two other Anno videos on that channel it surprised me to learn that this game officially supports mods, with a couple of videos noting his top ten favourite, as well as how to use them.....

Top Ten of his mods....

Mod guide....

Soldato
just getting into anno over the past 6 months but really struggling with system slowdown once it gets into the game

amd 3600x
32 gig of ram
5700xt,

i honestly didnt expect to experience any slow down with the above spec. what settings would you recommend paring back on or what to upgrade, looking at task manager nothing is getting hammered in game but it does seem to really drag as the game gets on

Soldato
just getting into anno over the past 6 months but really struggling with system slowdown once it gets into the game

amd 3600x
32 gig of ram
5700xt,

i honestly didnt expect to experience any slow down with the above spec. what settings would you recommend paring back on or what to upgrade, looking at task manager nothing is getting hammered in game but it does seem to really drag as the game gets on

What is Afterburner telling you (if you have it)?

Associate
AFAIK Anno is pretty cpu demanding. When you're looking at task manager, are you looking at one graph for CPU or one graph per thread?

Soldato
I am looking to get this at some point as it seems to be on offer from the usual sites. Now, I can really only afford the base game right now with out any season passes/dlcs. etc. I have been watching many YT videos on some great players and they going through the new updates like blueprints etc. If I was to just get the base game would that come with these new updates like blue prints or do I have to get the latest dlcs?

Associate
I am looking to get this at some point as it seems to be on offer from the usual sites. Now, I can really only afford the base game right now with out any season passes/dlcs. etc. I have been watching many YT videos on some great players and they going through the new updates like blueprints etc. If I was to just get the base game would that come with these new updates like blue prints or do I have to get the latest dlcs?
I don't think the blueprints etc are locked behind any DLC. I can't think of any other new updates that came out though, so you might have to expand a bit.

AFAIK, the DLC will add the DLC only mechanics to the game as a whole, as well as the DLC missions/stories and the DLC areas. The updated New World map might be locked behind new world rising come to think of it.

Don't know your budget, but the game is currently on sale on Steam. If you've got Ubi coins, you used to be able to swap 100 coins for a 20% discount voucher, so that's another option though it's not on sale on ubishop currently.

Soldato
I have juts checked and the base game does come with all updates its juts like you say, the DLC mechanics/maps, story etc are locked into the dlcs them selves. I have got the base game for £10 so thats installing now. :)

Back
Top Bottom