Another non punishment for Ferguson

Don
OP
So in that case when he is asked directly about the referee's performance is he supposed to ignore them or lie through his teeth?

YOU MUST TALK TO THE MEDIA BUT LIE ABOUT OUR REFEREE'S BEING ****.

KERMIT
FA
SOHO SQUARE

the media do push managers into making controversial comments but that doesn't mean they have to answer, maybe the media should show some restraint too

Permabanned
the media do push managers into making controversial comments but that doesn't mean they have to answer, maybe the media should show some restraint too

Indeed, that Sky knobber is right one for it, he tries to get every manager to have a pop.

Soldato
Bought time, thinks he can say what he likes, loved his remarks about the Rooney non elbow.

Of course he should say what he likes if the standard of refereeing is substandard. See everyone is crowing about Fergie moaning about ref's but if it was your time what would you want

Rafa The situation is this, however I could not speak about it as we all know what happens when you speak against Ref's(Put basically, I am a spineless Spanish ****. I will let Fergie fire the bullets on everyone else's behalf)

Or Fergie and (God forbid)Wenger of late. The standard of refereeing has been awful for the past few years. who polices the ref's. Oh thats right other ref's. Bit of a Kangaroo court dont you think :rolleyes:

Permabanned
Of course he should say what he likes if the standard of refereeing is substandard. See everyone is crowing about Fergie moaning about ref's but if it was your time what would you want

Rafa The situation is this, however I could not speak about it as we all know what happens when you speak against Ref's(Put basically, I am a spineless Spanish ****. I will let Fergie fire the bullets on everyone else's behalf)

Or Fergie and (God forbid)Wenger of late. The standard of refereeing has been awful for the past few years. who polices the ref's. Oh thats right other ref's. Bit of a Kangaroo court dont you think :rolleyes:

lol he never commented on the poor referee decisions when Clattneburg failed to take any action over it, please don't tell me it was not an elbow and he didn't mean to non elbow him in the head.

Yet when the refs make a decisions against his players, well that's it, toys out of the pram, WW3 starts, he knows what he is doing, getting the best refs, cause a fuss like this and the FA wont assign them to Man United games he secretly wants two refs Clattenburg and Webb. :D

Permabanned
Come on now cheets, it's not like Fergie is the first manager to back his players, that's what he's supposed to do.

Can you really see Fergie (or any manager) coming out and saying "Yup he definitely elbowed him, he should have been off"

OR do you normally get the "Didn't see it" "He's not that kind of lad" blah blah blah

He was never going to come out and blame the player.

I also think you'll find he doesn't like Clattenburg or Webb at the best of times but hey ho they're on the payroll after all :rolleyes:

Soldato
lol he never commented on the poor referee decisions when Clattneburg failed to take any action over it, please don't tell me it was not an elbow and he didn't mean to non elbow him in the head.

Yet when the refs make a decisions against his players, well that's it, toys out of the pram, WW3 starts, he knows what he is doing, getting the best refs, cause a fuss like this and the FA wont assign them to Man United games he secretly wants two refs Clattenburg and Webb. :D

Well done Captain Obvious. Tell me a manager who HAS Come out in public EVER and said his player deserved to walk for a WRONG refereeing decision. Hmmm will give you till 31st Feb 2099 and I bet you still don't come back with anyone.

I don't mean a weak 'The boy was lucky to stay on the pitch' I am on about 'Yes it was a straight red for OUR player and the REF GOT THAT ONE WRONG'

Soldato
As screwed up as this punishment is what makes it even worse is the fact that the utter ***** that is Dave Whelan came out after the Wigan v Utd game and claimed the FA favoured Man Utd and were basically consistently guilty of institutional bias towards the entire club.

Where is his charge, fine and punishment?

Permabanned
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/9426939.stm

Firstly it's a 3 match ban, 2 were suspended from a previous outburst

But more importantly what is the point of a touchline ban ? he can go in dressing room, pass messages to dugout etc

total non punishment, why do they think he would ever change when they do nothing about it :mad:

Frankly he should be allowed to say what he wants about the referee as long as it is justified.

What he said about Martin Atkinson was pretty accurate in my opinion and thus it should be Atkinson who is investigated and not Ferguson.

It is high time that the Referees were held accountable for their poor performance instead of hiding behind draconian FA rules.

All this will do is encourage the Manchester United management team to stop giving media interviews entirely.

Permabanned
Frankly he should be allowed to say what he wants about the referee as long as it is justified.

What he said about Martin Atkinson was pretty accurate in my opinion and thus it should be Atkinson who is investigated and not Ferguson.

It is high time that the Referees were held accountable for their poor performance instead of hiding behind draconian FA rules.

All this will do is encourage the Manchester United management team to stop giving media interviews entirely.

Holy ****, a well constructed, none biased reply!!!!

Well I never :eek:

Man of Honour

This, more or less. :D

Permabanned
I'd hate Stoke City to become what Manchester Untied have become.

And like i also stated, you are not our rivals, if you wish to think this it's up to you.

What has Manchester United become that is so abhorrent, aside from some partisan bias just because they are a successful football club of course?

Permabanned
it's only a 3 match ban for this offence

no he isn't the first manager and won't be the last ( though he is probably the worst offender by some way ) ,that is why they need to come up with a more effective punishment

Given that Alex Ferguson gives less interviews than the majority of other Managers it is unlikely that he is the worst offender, only the most publicised.

Punishing someone for holding an opinion seems to be akin to a thought-crime to me and as long as the comments are justified and not slanderous then Managers should not be punished for airing their frustration at what are invariably poor decisions.

It is a high stakes situation where a refereeing decision can decide the title and as we saw last year a single bad decision can be the difference between being the champions and not.

It is time that the emphasis moved away from controlling the opinions of Managers and making sure that referees are competent and given the correct support so that they do not make these kind of mistakes, and if they do, like Managers, they should be held accountable.

Back
Top Bottom