Ant McPartlin

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Definitely proportionate. I got 18months (down to 13 after a course) and something like a £400 fine. His seems similar.

Soldato
He should have been fined a lot more e.g at least a £1Million or something like that. 2/3 of a weeks pay to him is nothing and a driving ban is nothing to him either. He's loaded and can afford drivers, plus when he's doing TV work the production company will be paying all the travel expenses regardless.

The average man 2/3 of their pay could be the difference of the bills getting paid this month or not which is real punishment.

It's all OK saying that he shouldn't be fined more or put in jail etc as he's been fined fairly, but we are all happy to tax and fine and punish fat people as per the fat thread on here.

Soldato
If we are going to say things such as his circumstances make fines like this nothing for him, are we going to include the repercussions to his career as part of the punishment too?

The law has to be consistent, clear and concise - as far as i am concerned, his sentencing was as it should be according to the laws we have

Soldato
If we are going to say things such as his circumstances make fines like this nothing for him, are we going to include the repercussions to his career as part of the punishment too?

The law has to be consistent, clear and concise - as far as i am concerned, his sentencing was as it should be according to the laws we have

I doubt there will be any repercussions, he'll be back on ITV as soon as he wants to be.

Soldato
I doubt there will be any repercussions, he'll be back on ITV as soon as he wants to be.

And why shouldn't he be?

He made a stupid mistake and admitted it, he's seeking help and will be under a watchful eye by everyone for years to come.

He could have killed someone but didn't, he's been punished for it and we should move on, or do you only get a single chance to mess up in life?

As long as he continues being sober and has learned his lesson I see no need to keep punishing him.

Same goes for anyone.

Soldato
He Seems to be a bit bitter about it

Tell us where the nasty Geordie touched you..

It's all OK saying that he shouldn't be fined more or put in jail etc as he's been fined fairly, but we are all happy to tax and fine and punish fat people as per the fat thread on here.

Or he's really really fat?

Or he's been done for it and thinks his punishment was worse than Ant's?

Associate
Definitely proportionate. I got 18months (down to 13 after a course) and something like a £400 fine. His seems similar.

Chances are, someone on his income has plenty stashed away and isn't paying nearly a months salary just on rent alone. Someone on £300-400 a week getting fined two thirds of that will suffer more as they likely need every penny for day to day living.

Soldato
Chances are, someone on his income has plenty stashed away and isn't paying nearly a months salary just on rent alone. Someone on £300-400 a week getting fined two thirds of that will suffer more as they likely need every penny for day to day living.

He's rich, so yeah that's an advantage other people don't have in life. He does pay a shed load more tax money though and we want to encourage people to be successful not punish them excessively for it.

Soldato

Surely if they're penny pinching, they won't be wasting their money on alcohol and then driving? /s

The simple answer is, don't drink and drive as there are consequences if you're caught or injure somebody.

Soldato
Associate
It's still punitive.

Just because you earn lots of money doesn't suddenly make £86,000 'pocket change'. You still value it.
i think the point hes making is, he may 'value' it, but it wont stop him paying the bills or feeding himself/family which it could with someone with a lower salary. hence the fine is not 'proportionate' insofar as the impact on his life.

To make it truly proportionate in that way though would be very complicated and probably not viable.

Soldato
If he worked for sky he would have been giving the boot, but it's only itv probably the worst station out of the lot, so they desperately need him to make even more junk programs to keep it on the air, overrated anyway would he even be missed if he never came back to the telly.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
No comment ;)

There's a standard form you fill out which asks weekly income, expenses etc and they decide based on that.

Same form used for my speeding fine :D

Associate
i think the point hes making is, he may 'value' it, but it wont stop him paying the bills or feeding himself/family which it could with someone with a lower salary. hence the fine is not 'proportionate' insofar as the impact on his life.

To make it truly proportionate in that way though would be very complicated and probably not viable.

I think you can pay fines over a period of time if you do not have the cash.

Fine seems fair to me.

Drink driving fine should not lead to you losing your house or being unable to feed yourself.

Back
Top Bottom