• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Any news on 7800 xt?

Speaking of dodgy drivers.

I23UAmq.png

And? As usual raven with the post and run routine.

I think it's fair shows the 7800xt is overall the better card

Its difficult not to and i don't think it is their goal to make the 4070 look better than it is, tho being dismissive of cheaper 7800XT's just because they are out of stock and then comparing the more expensive ones to the cheapest 4070 is IMO disingenuous, these GPU's have been out for days and are selling very well, they are in and out of stock from one day to the next and they just happened to be looking at price comparisons when all the MSRP ones were out of stock everywhere? come on Steve... I think you're just annoyed that you can't say they are over priced, its like when Steve says the 7700XT is overpriced and then says of the 4060Ti you can't compare the 7700XT to it because it an anomaly, come the #### off it Steve its 35% faster than the card its replaced and 6% cheaper, its not over priced, the 4070 isn't a bad price and the 7800XT is just very good. This is the same guy who said the 4070Ti was reasonable and the 4070 good value.

Good guy Nvidia is the problem with these clowns, they need to moan and complain because that gets them views, but they don't have the ******** to do it with Nvidia as much as they should, Nvidia seeded the AMD blocking DLSS BS to distract from them taking rescores from driver development, they fell for it hock line and sinker but they know that by now and say nothing, nothing at all. Double standards, Predictably.

Last edited:
I did check the bios but it seemed to be stock. No idea how to tell if it has been tampered with, but hey it works and has done faithfully since I got it so there is that.

Should you not be able to use GPU-Z to extract the video BIOS and then CRC/ hash it?

Then go techpowerup and download the various BIOS versions for your card and compare the hashes.

On the other hand, there must be a tool which can read all the various tables in the BIOS so you can compare fan settings, chip and memory clocks and voltages etc.

Yup that.

BTW for any one who is a bit confused. Gibbo said the prices would drop on the next shipment. Not now on this one.
The next shipment appears to be in (Pulse is in stock again), and prices are still inflated (£509)... Very annoying that @Gibbo tells us here that prices will be lower for the second shipment, while this seems not to be the case. I waited for that and therefore missed the opportunity to order for the RRP somewhere else.

The next shipment appears to be in (Pulse is in stock again), and prices are still inflated (£509)... Very annoying that Gibbo tells us here that prices will be lower for the second shipment, while this seems not to be the case. I waited for that and therefore missed the opportunity to order for the RRP somewhere else.

Just get it somewhere else at RRP

It's jaw dropping when you look at how much these NV cards cost and just how slow they are in comparison to AMD's cards in the same price bracket.

Lol @Gibbo you could have said the 7900xt pulse was getting a drop to £700. I bought two days ago at £750 thinking that was the deal. It went back to £800 and within a day down to £700. Gotta love it.
I took the advice too contact Ocuk and they refunded me the £50 so after selling Starfield all in the 7900xt cost me £660. Thanks @Gibbo and your team.

Back
Top Bottom