• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Any news on 7800 xt?

I can't see the 7800 XT at RRP anywhere in the UK unless I do not know how to look, which is entirely possible.

That's because you don't know the RRP for anything in the UK, is the RRP plus the vendor gouge on top. Pre-gouged for convenience!

I'd wait a month or so, stock will be back in and the price will slowly come down, they're drip feeding stock in because they've still got 6000 cards to shift and no-one is buying.

That's because you don't know the RRP for anything in the UK, is the RRP plus the vendor gouge on top. Pre-gouged for convenience!

I'd wait a month or so, stock will be back in and the price will slowly come down, they're drip feeding stock in because they've still got 6000 cards to shift and no-one is buying.
I'll be waiting regardless as I dislike pre-order with an ETA. I need to schedule deliveries for the weekend.

This GPU has caught my eye,

but I need to check my case dimensions. If the VRM fan on mobo will be hindered and I believe as it takes 3 slots I need to look at that angle of things , too.

I think all of the above will be fine for me by visually inspecting now.

Last edited:
I'll be waiting regardless as I dislike pre-order with an ETA. I need to schedule deliveries for the weekend.

This GPU has caught my eye,

but I need to check my case dimensions. If the VRM fan on mobo will be hindered and I believe as it takes 3 slots I need to look at that angle of things , too.

Yes, Sapphire are the go to brand for AMD. The Nitro's are very well built chonky cards, but make sure it will fit, alternatively the Pulse model is 2.5 slots and bit smaller all around. Pulse's a bit cheaper as well. I usualky but the Nitro but i'd happily buy the Pulse as well.

All the relevant measurements are included if you need them.

:)

Last edited:
Yes, Sapphire are the go to brand for AMD. The Nitro's are very well built chonky cards, but make sure it will fit, alternatively the Pulse model is 2.5 slots and bit smaller all around. Pulse's a bit cheaper as well. I usualky but the Nitro but i'd happily buy the Pulse as well.

Thanks for plugging the measurements. Appreciated. I'll do my homework tomorrow when totally sober :)

In all fairness. I have only used AMD once for GPU and it was a Sapphire 9600XT 0C edition back in 2008. I was impressed, hence, why I'm looking at same Manufacturer.

I'd love to get a nitro, but it's 1cm too long for my case :(

Measurements look spot on. Nitro+ will most like make my PCIEX16_2 non usable, but don't think I really care about that. The pulse would likely mean I'd still have that option open to me.

I'll have to compare both cards.

Measurements look spot on. Nitro+ will most like make my PCIEX16_2 non usable, but don't think I really care about that. The pulse would likely mean I'd still have that option open to me.

I think the XFX and Powercolor Hellhound might be slightly less tall than the Pulse, but being 3 fan they're both longer.

Its difficult not to and i don't think it is their goal to make the 4070 look better than it is, tho being dismissive of cheaper 7800XT's just because they are out of stock and then comparing the more expensive ones to the cheapest 4070 is IMO disingenuous, these GPU's have been out for days and are selling very well, they are in and out of stock from one day to the next and they just happened to be looking at price comparisons when all the MSRP ones were out of stock everywhere? come on Steve... I think you're just annoyed that you can't say they are over priced, its like when Steve says the 7700XT is overpriced and then says of the 4060Ti you can't compare the 7700XT to it because it an anomaly, come the #### off it Steve its 35% faster than the card its replaced and 6% cheaper, its not over priced, the 4070 isn't a bad price and the 7800XT is just very good. This is the same guy who said the 4070Ti was reasonable and the 4070 good value.

Good guy Nvidia is the problem with these clowns, they need to moan and complain because that gets them views, but they don't have the ******** to do it with Nvidia as much as they should, Nvidia seeded the AMD blocking DLSS BS to distract from them taking rescores from driver development, they fell for it hock line and sinker but they know that by now and say nothing, nothing at all. Double standards, Predictably.
I've pretty much stopped subbing to any of the major tech journies. They are almost all of them full of BS at this point. Drawing conclusions from data that makes no sense to any person with a rational thought pattern. Sure, there are certain things that weigh more to one person then another but it is usually not portrayed like that but instead as a one dimensional fact of life with no nuance, as if RT is important to every single person on the planet. But I think that as a lot of people are getting fed up with BS in general(whole world situation going to hell in a hand basket due to certain interests) these YTbers, if they continue this clown show, might end up feeling the sting on their ad revenue.

Good guy Nvidia, rofl, no such thing. I don't think there is a company who have employed more scummy tactics against the consumer, competition, and reviewers the last 15-20 years than nvidia, outside of perhaps Apple and investment firms like Blackrock, Vanguard, and State street. This is not the same, as some most likely would like to claim, as saying that AMD are saints, cause they certainly aren't. But at this point in time they(AMD) are the lesser of two evils, in fact they are extremely fare apart on the scale for nefarious deeds. The only thing AMD is really guilty of, outside of a few bad rebadges and some dodgy gimped 560?550? polaris gpus, is constantly allowing "special people" into their marketing team and letting them have a go at the next campaign. I still laugh at "poor volta".

Back
Top Bottom