• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Any news on 7800 xt?

Why is that? Who is better?

GN are the best at GPU and CPU reviews and it's not even close. HUB is ok but they focus on other content to make up for their lack of technical reviews, GN goes hardcore into hardware reviews by using benchmarks, measuring tools and methodologies that manufacturers like Intel/amd/Nvidia themselves use

Last edited:
I think the XFX and Powercolor Hellhound might be slightly less tall than the Pulse, but being 3 fan they're both longer.
I have a really spacious case. Length/height will not be an issue. w/h/d clearance seems all good

My only experience with Powercolor wasn't a good one. It was around the time Soldier of Fortune 3 came out in 2007.

Always appreciate your posts, but I'll go Sapphire when I pull the trigger on the Nitro+ card.

GN are the best at GPU and CPU reviews and it's not even close. HUB is ok but they focus on other content to make up for their lack of technical reviews, GN goes hardcore into hardware reviews by using benchmarks, measuring tools and methodologies that manufacturers like Intel/amd/Nvidia themselves use

I like both
I like HUB for GPU benchmarking with large number of games which GN doesn't

Gamers nexus I enjoy the technical part of testing and tours they do

HUB is good because they test lots of games, the thing most people are buying cards for. GN has reliable methodology, but frankly I don't care about the distribution of the cooler mounting pressure or noise normalised testing of the fans. I just want to know if the cooler can keep the GPU cool at an ok volume when I'm playing games.

Last edited:
HUB is good because they test lots of games, the thing most people are buying cards for. GN has reliable methodology, but frankly I don't care about the distribution of the cooler mounting pressure or noise normalised testing of the fans. I just want to know if the cooler can keep the GPU cool at an ok volume when I'm playing games.

You say you want to know if a cooler can keep your hardware cool at an ok volume of noise and in the same breath say you don't care about noise normalised testing

Like wtf did I just read lmao :cry:

how to watch a HUB review - forward to full graph at the resolution of your choice, pause to get the information then give a thumbs down :cry:

Had the 7800XT Pulse in the machine for a couple of days now, played with a few benchmarks and put a few hours into Starfield. So far very impressed! Really like the AMD Adrenalin software and it’s been completely stable so far with the latest drivers off the website. Seems to run pretty cool as highest I’ve seen is about 67 degrees but normally hovers around 60-65 and at that temp I cant hear the fans at all.

Very pleased with my choice so far :)

Had the 7800XT Pulse in the machine for a couple of days now, played with a few benchmarks and put a few hours into Starfield. So far very impressed! Really like the AMD Adrenalin software and it’s been completely stable so far with the latest drivers off the website. Seems to run pretty cool as highest I’ve seen is about 67 degrees but normally hovers around 60-65 and at that temp I cant hear the fans at all.

Very pleased with my choice so far :)

Nice :)

You say you want to know if a cooler can keep your hardware cool at an ok volume of noise and in the same breath say you don't care about noise normalised testing

Like wtf did I just read lmao :cry:

I don't get the issue? I want to know if the card can be kept cool and a reasonable temp. Thats basically a sentence.

What I don't need is Steve saying "so we took the fan into our anechoic chamber, which had an ambient temperate of 21.54 degrees Celsius. We calibrated this chamber using the CISPR 16-1-6 (BS EN 55016-1-6:2015) international standard, and applied..." etc etc. Its almost a yes or no question, I don't care about the details.

Same about cooler mounting pressure. I don't need the picture of the pressure distribution. I don't really care if its badly mounted. I just care if that is reflected in the cooling. Again, one sentence.

Last edited:
It looks like the prices on these cards will be 'affordable'.

One site I've looked at is doing pre-orders for ~£460 one model and ~£470 for another.

AMD's official reference model price is £483, just under half the price of the RX 7900 XTX reference model.

Bad news for RTX 4070 sales.

Last edited:
It looks like the prices on these cards will be 'affordable'.

One site I've looked at is doing pre-orders for ~£460 one model and ~£470 for another.

AMD's official reference model price is £483, just under half the price of the RX 7900 XTX reference model.

Bad news for RTX 4070 sales.

Nowhere in the UK at those pre-order prices, at least reputable stores.

So, the reference model prices are correct, you will be able to buy these cards directly from AMD soon.

As for the other prices, these are not retail prices (but none the less, that's a pre-order from a reliable IT company).

These cards have Navi32 GPUs with 60 CUs, so I wouldn't expect them to have premium prices (at least over the coming months).

Last edited:
So, the reference model prices are correct, you will be able to buy these cards directly from AMD soon.

As for the other prices, these are not retail prices (but none the less, that's a pre-order from a reliable IT company).

These cards have Navi32 GPUs with 60 CUs, so I wouldn't expect them to have premium prices (at least over the coming months).
Thanks, I see, do they have ETAs? I would really like to get one before the end of the month to benefit from the Starfield offer, let's hope they come in stock before then.

I can only guess. Probably end of September, or early October.

EDIT - The RX 7800 XT reference model gets the Starfield offer.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom