• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Any news on 7800 xt?

Man of Honour
I don't understand that comment. Apparently it has an MSRP of $649. How is that being greedy?

I don't expect to see a 7800XT any time soon. GPU shipments are the lowest they have been in over 20 years, and that is because people are not buying. And contrary to belief it is not because of the prices. People just aren't buying GPUs, at any price really. Low end, mid range, high end ETC. They just aren't selling. [..]

I think pricing is a factor, in that part of the reason why people aren't buying graphics cards for gaming* is that they're not worth the money. New to gaming? A console will do well enough and the initial cost is much lower. Already gaming? Any graphics card you buy as an upgrade will probably either be very expensive or not much better than the one you've already got. Or both. And it will probably be deliberately hobbled so it's much worse than it could be and won't hold up well over time so you'll want another new card quite soon. 8GB VRAM, narrow memory bus...deliberately built in obsolesence. Unless you skip multiple generations it's not value for money. Get a 15% improvement for £600 and pretend that the blatantly rebadged card you paid for actually is the higher model card the new badge says it is! No.

I think the biggest effect that the blatant contempt for non-business customers has had is something you also mentioned:

[..] Nvidia have slowly hammered their users to the point where nearly all of them have walked away. Don't believe me? even Kaapstad is gone. So has Gregster, and all of those who actually thought buying stupendously priced GPUs was cool. [..]

The blatant deceit about naming and the ceaseless contempt for non-business customers that was led by nvidia and followed by its lapdog, AMD, has alienated even the cash-rich enthusiasts who'd knowingly spend silly money on new toys, paying a huge premium for a relatively small amount of extra performance. People like Kaapstad knew what they were doing and accepted it for what it was. Pay halo prices for halo products. Not efficient spending, but it was their hobby and they had deep pockets to fund it. What they haven't accepted is being lied to and treated with contempt.

* The hardware is selling, just not for gaming. There are other uses for massively parallel processors with a load of extremely fast memory linked directly to them.

Man of Honour
7900XT at £699 lookin' gooooooooooooooood

I might have bought one if I'd noticed it. I noticed a reference to the £300 6700XT in another thread and bought that. At that point I didn't know about the other AMD card pricing and I thought the cheapest 7900XT was still ~£830. Which is probably a good thing because if I'd known about both I'd probably have remained undecided between the £300 6700XT and the £700 7900XT and ended up buying neither :) A 6700XT is ~60% over the 1070Ti I have now and it has 4GB more VRAM and it will do me for at least a year or two. Maybe the 8700 (which will probably be called an 8900something) or the 5070 (which will probably be called a 5090something) will be a worthwhile performance increase at a reasonable price. Probably not, but maybe. Or maybe I'll end up with a next gen console. Probably not, but I don't rule it out.

Caporegime
I might have bought one if I'd noticed it. I noticed a reference to the £300 6700XT in another thread and bought that. At that point I didn't know about the other AMD card pricing and I thought the cheapest 7900XT was still ~£830. Which is probably a good thing because if I'd known about both I'd probably have remained undecided between the £300 6700XT and the £700 7900XT and ended up buying neither :) A 6700XT is ~60% over the 1070Ti I have now and it has 4GB more VRAM and it will do me for at least a year or two. Maybe the 8700 (which will probably be called an 8900something) or the 5070 (which will probably be called a 5090something) will be a worthwhile performance increase at a reasonable price. Probably not, but maybe. Or maybe I'll end up with a next gen console. Probably not, but I don't rule it out.
Yup, 6700XT is cracking fps-to-£ so you did well there tbh :)

Caporegime
Wow $649 for this when even AMDs own cherry picked charts has it only 13% faster on average than the 6800xt

And calling it 7900 ? Really are taking us for idiots just when I thought this generation can't get even more ridiculous

There's always the RTX 4070Ti for $799 ;) that's 45% faster than the cards its replaced, for 60% more money.

Last edited:
Soldato
There's always the RTX 4070Ti for $799 ;) that's 45% faster than the cards its replaced, for 60% more money.

But it's competitor is the 4070 which is cheaper and slightly slower , less vram, better efficiency, better RT , both are taking the pi$$

So are we expecting 7800xt that matches the 6800xt for slightly less ?

Or just call it 7700xt so it looks like they doing us a great deal ?

Soldato
I mean.... Are you angry at AMD because you fear its not enough to make the Nvidia card you want cheaper or because you actually wanted to buy it?

I've already given my thoughts on Nvidia but this is AMD thread I don't have loyalty to either ;)

I actually would have been interested in the 7900xtx / 4080 that kind of uplift I would want from the 3080 but no thanks won't be giving my money to either ;)

Last edited:
Caporegime
But it's competitor is the 4070 which is cheaper and slightly slower , less vram, better efficiency, better RT , both are taking the pi$$

So are we expecting 7800xt that matches the 6800xt for slightly less ?

Or just call it 7700xt so it looks like they doing us a great deal ?

You call 20% slightly? Well you buy the 4070 for £570, i'll buy the 7700 for £430.

Last edited:
Soldato
You call 20% slightly? Well you buy the 4070 for £570, i'll buy the 7700 for £430.

I've seen AMDs own charts compering the 7900 GRE to the 4070 and those would have been cherry picked ?

7700 ? Can you show it's benchmarks and pricing where it's officially confirmed?

Last edited:
Soldato
Last edited:
Caporegime

i'll watch it... but i have to tell you the thumbnail has already made me cynical, i wouldn't normally watch anything with thumbnails like that as people who use thumbnails like that are usually click bait trolls, the content is universally utter garbage.

Last edited:
Soldato
i'll watch it... but i have to tell you the thumbnail has already made me cynical, i wouldn't normally watch anything with thumbnails like that as people who use thumbnails like that are usually click bait trolls, the content is universally utter garbage.

No need to watch it charts are here also the audio cuts off so wouldn't bother

Last edited:
Caporegime
No need to watch it charts are here

This?

Why can't i find that out side of leak sites and click bait youtube channels? Its not on any of AMD's outlets.

Last edited:
Soldato
Caporegime
Caporegime
Look, the point is by the time that gets here, if it gets here it could be higher clocked, lower clocked, have more CU's, less CU's, faster memory IC's, slower memory IC's.

TPU have it faster than those WCCF slides with 80CU's, that's 4, or 5% less than the 7900XT, but lower clocked, now what?

Leaks.... :)

Last edited:
Soldato
The RX7900GRE has low clockspeeds:

If the RX7700 and RX7800 series has higher clockspeeds they might be closer in performance than people suspect?!

Also it is available for system integrators worldwide:

In Germany an RX7900GRE based systems is 250 Euro less than a similar RX7900XT based system. Also quite a few different models released in China:

Back
Top Bottom