• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Any news on 7800 xt?

Caporegime
I have lost all interest in upgrading my PC ATM. If I see a good deal I might,otherwise I won't bother if it still works.

I not only want a new GPU but need one, not in the essentials sort of way but....well you know.

I will buy one, eventually, the least overpriced one i can find, between these two that's the RXT 4070, not the 7900 GRE, what the actual ####????????? 0.o

Soldato
I not only want a new GPU but need one, not in the essentials sort of way but....well you know.

I will buy one, eventually, the least overpriced one i can find, between these two that's the RXT 4070, not the 7900 GRE, what the actual ####????????? 0.o

The best deal I have seen so far is the £300 RX6700XT with Starfield Premium. But I already had a similar performing card,so would need to spend much more than that to get a decent improvement.

Caporegime
Soldato
Last edited:
Caporegime
RTX3060TI because AMD forgot the UK existed during the Pandemic.

I think the UK is more Nvidia bias than other countries in this region and when your global marketshare is only 10% then countries that are more on the Nvidia bias side are too expensive to invest for stock levels.

This is one of many problems of only having a very small share of the market, your costs are much higher than the competitor with the lions share, economies of scale.

Having one totally dominant in a market creates competition problems at every turn. thinning out what little marketshare Nvidia don't have by introducing a competitor actually makes this worse, if for example Intel are not competing with Nvidia they are competing with AMD, that's bad news fo both Intel and AMD, one has to push the other out to survive and the hope in those early days was that Intel would push AMD out, as Jon Peddie himself put it "Intel will take AMD's marketshare just because they are Intel" that didn't happen, and now they are both weaker.

Notice Jon Peddie said nothing at all about Intel taking on Nvidia, because he knows Intel are not competing with Nvidia. Its all about getting you're guy to take the leftovers from the other guy.

Last edited:
Soldato
Last edited:
Soldato
7800xt now available. $649usd MSRP. 20% slower than 7900xt

That’s probably going to translate to £600-£650 over here right? In which case the 7900XT is looking like better value.

Caporegime
7800xt now available. $649usd MSRP. 20% slower than 7900xt

now available? where? China?

anywho....

7900 $579 - $649
7800 $499 - $549
7700 $399 - $449

Caporegime
out of that lot ^^^ i like the 7700 at £400 - £430, likley RX 6800 or a few % more and 16GB.

That's pretty good, what else is there? 4060Ti 16GB for £500? pha..... hilarious.

Sold!

Last edited:
Soldato
All of AMD's cards are 7900. No naming inflation going on.

7900 card edges out the 4070...which is apparently a 4060.

Last edited:
Soldato
That’s probably going to translate to £600-£650 over here right? In which case the 7900XT is looking like better value.
In what's becoming normal for AMD they may launch it at that price but within three months it will probably be £100 less, that way they can have loads of day one reviews out there slating it due to the poor pricing for the entire lifetime of the card.

Soldato
They're really doing everything they can to avoid naming and pricing cards appropriately

RX 7900 GREed Edition

I don't understand that comment. Apparently it has an MSRP of $649. How is that being greedy?

I don't expect to see a 7800XT any time soon. GPU shipments are the lowest they have been in over 20 years, and that is because people are not buying. And contrary to belief it is not because of the prices. People just aren't buying GPUs, at any price really. Low end, mid range, high end ETC. They just aren't selling.

What happened over the past few years was a perfect storm. mining, Covid, lockdown, panic, people depressed because they could not go out. As such GPUs, due to being hard to get, became a total fad. It got to the point where Nvidia and AMD could ask whatever the heck they liked, and screw people over in ways never seen before. I mean, 40 and 7000 series, 'nuff said. I bet Jen was licking his lips when he taped those out, realising how hard he was about to fudge people over. He might have gotten away with it two years ago. In fact he would have, because the GPU became almost mythical among normal people. Not just daft nutters like I used to be who would pay a grand for a GPU and think it got them anything more than a wrecked bot hole.

The problem now? it is over. That storm has blown away like a blow off in the wind and it is not going to come back.

The epeen has gone. People just don't care any more. Nvidia have slowly hammered their users to the point where nearly all of them have walked away. Don't believe me? even Kaapstad is gone. So has Gregster, and all of those who actually thought buying stupendously priced GPUs was cool. It isn't.

We are walking into a recession, and things like this won't feed people or pay the bills.

Like I said, it is over. Big time. This isn't about them being too expensive. Not any more. People just don't want them. They could be $200, if they are not selling they are not selling.

In the past the 40 series would have come out, people would have whined for 10 minutes and then caved. They are no longer doing that. I saw Gregster complain about every single launch after Maxwell, whilst still buying Titans at £930 and god knows what else. Like I said, that time has come and gone. For a while there? Nvidia had people that would normally laugh at you for buying a GPU, let alone one costing £1700. For a while EVERYONE wanted GPUs. Not just gamers, or hardcores like Gregster and Kaapstad. They were highly desirable items when you were locked down in your house with only the internet.

And like I said, that is over.

Soldato
Wow $649 for this when even AMDs own cherry picked charts has it only 13% faster on average than the 6800xt

And calling it 7900 ? Really are taking us for idiots just when I thought this generation can't get even more ridiculous

Back
Top Bottom